little help bch

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by size26s, Sep 23, 2018.

1. size26s

size26s Member

ok so I messed up. I bought bch on coinbase instead of btc. I sent to my Jax wallet. Now I tried sending from my Jaxx bch wallet to my btc wallet on Jaxx. It’s been stuck for about 12 hours. Will it ever go into my Jax btc wallet? I keep reading stuff on google but kinda confused. Any help would be great. Thank you

2. brutus79

brutus79 Member

Unfortunately it is gone.

Dr JIM likes this.
  3. size26s

size26s Member

Damn really

4. brutus79

brutus79 Member

From everything I read the transactions are permanent and you sent the wrong coin to the wrong blockchain... and since bitcoin has the least sophisticated blockchain of them all I am pretty certain it's gone. Sorry dude. If you email coinbase they get back to you within 6 months.

5. size26s

size26s Member

Ok I sent it from my own bitcoin to my own Jax I didn’t send to another person that’s why I wondered. Thanks for the help

6. brutus79

brutus79 Member

Looks like you are good 26!

7. brutus79

brutus79 Member

8. Mayne

Mayne Member

I imagine cause it is your own wallet and a bitcoin fork contract.

9. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

The OP is lucky, transfers exchanges and rollovers are reasons I avoid cyber currency
    alltoghter.

TRT likes this.
  10. Mayne

Mayne Member

Please don't read that as an insult but it is on him goofing up, you could just as easily wash your pants with $1k in it, it is called responsibility. You know there are a billion worth of trading every day and rarely do things go wrong, occasionally you will have a hack or what not but if you read any economic news that can happen in the real world just as often. I agree with you cryptocurrency UI and UX have to be improved but mind you we are yet in early development. And it is with good reason why a16z are investing heavily in blockchain