Looking for a Solid Program

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by Test_Subject, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Test_Subject

Test_Subject Member

I've been running a heavily modified version of 5/3/1 for a few years and I've stalled out. I'm looking to try something a bit different.

Any recommendations for a good strength program with a minor bodybuilding element?

Just to give you all an idea of where I'm at:

OHP - 225
    Bench - 315
    DL - 475
    Squat - 405 (yes, I know it's poverty)

2. Eman

Eman Member

Juggernaut Method is something I've been interested in for a good while. It was originally a modified 531 combined with doug young training methodology.

Very customizable, training blocks can start with hypertrophy oriented movements and add specificity towards powerlifting as you move towards the final training block.

3. Test_Subject

Test_Subject Member

Sounds interesting, Eman. I'll look into it.

4. Eman

Eman Member

Chad Wesley Smith, the writer of the training system, has a YouTube video that critiques his own system that I really enjoyed... He critiques other ones as well like Westside and stuff.

If you get interested in it, let me know... I have a shit ton of his content.

5. Mayne

Mayne Member

Anything with enough frequency like RTS or even Bulgarian method on everything but deadlift will be my call with your 1RM and experience

6. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

Check out Steve Shaw’s YouTube channel. Great powerbuilder. Uses many powerbuilder routines

7. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Mark Bell is a former powerlifter. He does bodybuilding now and has a YouTube channel if you're interested.