Lopsided

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Forum' started by Just1more, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Just1more

Just1more Member

So my left pec muscke is noticeably bigger than my right. I'm right handed ( not that matters in this case probably, just trying to give all info). I've had a few peiple tell me over time they will even out. This doesnt seem right . If Im using say tje same weight dumbells , it seems to me the left will continue to stay bigger than the right. What would you guys recommend as far as extra sets to bring my right side up to speed?
    Thanks.

2. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I have the same issue. It could be quite a few factors playing here. Weak connection to that muscle, structure, injury, etc.

When catching up the issue isn’t the weight, it’s usually that your small side is also weaker and the body will compensate by involving delts, tris, lats to make up for it. This is why I prefer flyes for bringing up a lagging pec. The same for any muscle IMO; compound movements leave too much room for compensation. Choose an isolation exercise (single joint) and add an extra set(s) just for the lagging muscle. Note this may require stopping short of a fully exhaustive workout for the strong side.

ickyrica and Just1more like this.
  3. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

My right lat isn't as developed as my left. It's always something lol. Come to think of it, my left nut hangs lower than my right

Just1more likes this.
  4. Mac11wildcat

That’s intelligent design you ungrateful bastard.

Just1more and ickyrica like this.
  5. tengtren

tengtren Member

Like @Mac11wildcat said, in your case flys should fix this, as each side is only doing what it can, instead of both working together. And make sure you're only using the muscle you want, dumbbell pressing too.

Also, if you have shitty connection with the smaller side and you don't already you could pin it with a short ester, that will bring it to LIFE

Just1more likes this.
  6. ickyrica

I know, bahahaha! Just seemed to fit into the topic of conversation :D

you mean like a mind/muscle connection? I've never read that before, the short ester thing. I have a tough time with a few areas, but not all and would kill to find a way to get everything working like it should

7. Mac11wildcat

If I’m on the same page as ten the key there is the sensation. The same as having someone touch your muscle during reps. I don’t believe infrewurnt sight injections that dissipate actually improve an area, but the sensation of the substance in the muscle helps being cognizant of the muscle working.

8. tengtren

tengtren Member

Try it. I could never get my rear deltas going like I wanted, then when I started gear I noticed that wherever I pin a short ester that muscle just feels alive and I can connect with it AMAZING, so I started pinning my rears and BOOM I was able to get a pump in them I've never had. I find this only with short esters though

Then I heard nick trigili say it so I guess it's a common thing (hate him by the way)

And I saw in a Cody Montgomery vid real quickly he asked the guy he was training with if he pinned his rears

9. ickyrica

Thank you gents, will be trying it at some point!

10. tengtren

tengtren Member

Spot on. The key is feeling the muscle you want to work with the heaviest weight (hard and takes years to develop this but that's what it is)

The site injection doesn't cause localized growth. Just inflammation with in turn give you a better ability to contract it maximally under the weights

11. Just1more

Just1more Member

Do you no ester would work the same? I have some tne on hand

12. Mac11wildcat

Probably. Could also give hydronics a shot and not dictate your cycle by trying to site inject.

ickyrica and Just1more like this.
  13. Just1more

Just1more Member

Thanks for the replies guys.