Low PSA%?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Sparkyp, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

whats up meso.

I had to come off of my trt temporarily. Lab work came back with low psa%. It’s at 20. What the hell does that mean?

Of course my tt is 130 and FT 40. Ugh

I don’t feel any different though.

2. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Welcome back brother, hope you are feeling better these days.

PSA you want a low number. PSA is Prostate Specific Antigen. It is a marker for prostate cancer. If your low your good.

3. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Not sure what a psa percentage is...

Usually PSA is a ng/ml number.

4. Anthony Rodriguez

Anthony Rodriguez Junior Member

Yes low prostate number is in the clear. Dont want a high psa, as it indicates prostate growth

5. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

B80BB9D3-5449-41E7-9740-9DD206AC3CF3.jpeg C59FF7BC-6ED0-48BC-A970-3E926232ECFE.jpeg 10882FD7-A132-40D6-8704-5E7FE26AB26A.jpeg
    Mac. What does this psa % mean??
    Here’s my labs

6. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

What’s up bro.
    Yeah things are going pretty good. I recovered from the inflammation in my heart (8 months) and been getting back into it. I was on trt for a few months (again) and thought I was experiencing a relapse in symptoms so I discontinued trt about 3-4 weeks ago, got labs and you can obviously see the crash in hormones. Symptoms appear to be a false alarm so I started trt again this week

The cholesterol and psa thing isnfreaking me a out a bit. If any place can make sense of it, it’s meso

How you been cowboy? I haven’t been logged in a bit so I wasn’t following you log.

How did that blast go? Health and family are good?

7. Mac11wildcat

Your PSA isn’t perfect but .5 is horrible either. Who told you that meant stopping your cycle?

Has their been an upward trend?

8. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

My last labs about 6-8 weeks ago everything was normal. I stopped trt because we thought my heart condition was returning (pericarditis) cardiologist and rheumatologist suggested I stop trt. So I did and then had to get labs a few weeks later from my trt clinic and this is what they look like

9. Mac11wildcat

C57C1601-D9A6-4B0B-B1AA-C24351DA4169.png

LeoTC and Sparkyp like this.
  10. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

This was February

C7F18269-DEB1-435A-9A36-F0AE412D542A.png

LeoTC likes this.
  11. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

Thanks Mac. So it appears lower the psa % the better.

When you see “out of range” it freaks newbies out. Especially with my health history.

12. Mac11wildcat

I’m NOT a doctor but an upward trend is usually a bad sign. This doesn’t show an upward trend but your previous .8 is up there.

Maybe time to talk to your doc about it.

LeoTC and Sparkyp like this.
  13. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

Thanks mac. Appreciate the time you took to explain this and provide some info.

I’ll ask my doc about this

LeoTC and Mac11wildcat like this.
  14. Mac11wildcat

Wait. I lied. These are decimals. .5 and .8. I thought it was 5 and 8.

Disregard. Check with your doc but those are perfect levels.

15. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Glad to hear your getting better and I dont think I would want to start and stop TRT, what a roller coaster ride that must have been. However better the roller coaster ride then heart issues.

Blast went well, if I remember, gained 24 or 25 lbs, all measurements except waist and hips went up. Switched to cruise at 200 per week in December and started a very slow cut. As of last Sunday down 20 lbs this far. Work and life got in the way the last few months, 2 months of almost 7 day a week and 12 hr day shifts, 2 dental surgeries, 3 months no upper teeth, still dont have top teeth yet. Making best of it. Got laid off from work 3 weeks ago and hoping to get back to work soon cant afford the 3 weeks off let alone anymore.

Looking at next blast, thinking it will be 12 weeks test c 500 per week and 50 mg a day drol for the first 4 weeks, and possibly 100mg per day for the last 4 weeks dunno working it out.

16. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

Damn man. That sounds rough. Life is hard. No doubt.
    I didn’t really feel any different stopping the trt. Everything crashed on me as you can see but I didn’t notice anything other than feeling a bit “softer”

Btcowboy likes this.
  17. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Glad to hear and have ya back.