Managing blood glucose levels

Discussion in 'Human Growth Hormone and Peptides' started by Drbronson527, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Drbronson527

Drbronson527 Junior Member

What’s up guys. I recently switched sources for GH and my FBG has increased significantly. What was previously in the high 80’s to mid 90’s is now in the low 100’s. Current dosage is 5iu’s. Obviously I could drop my dose and take it from there. I also am using 10iu’s of lantus on my high days. How do you guys manage your blood glucose? I know some are advocates of the 5on/2off method.
    Thanks

2. mands

mands Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Are you taking one dose of 5 iu's?

mands

Drbronson527 likes this.
  3. Drbronson527

Yes, 5iu’s right before bed

4. mands

I would go ahead and start splitting your dose. I would actually do 2.5 iu's twice a day. Morning and again pre-workout or before bed. I would actually advocate 2 iu's split.

This should lower your BG.

mands

stone988, eery and Drbronson527 like this.
  5. Drbronson527

thanks I will give that a shot

6. mands

Great. Please let us know how it goes.

mands

Oldschool and Drbronson527 like this.
  7. lilhawk

lilhawk Member

I use Metformin at 500mg twice daily, and it keeps my fasted BG around 70. I use 4 of Serostim every day, split 2iu am 2iu before bed or pre workout. Sometimes I will take 3iu am and 3iu pm.

vidocq, Drbronson527 and wildfuchs like this.
  8. mands

It's a great tool to have and use if needed. I would rather see someone not toss more drugs into the mix if all possible. If he can lower it by splitting doses metformin is not necessary.

mands

kodine, Rival, stone988 and 3 others like this.
  9. teejey

teejey Member

What kind of carbs are youainly eating? I found switching from rice to sweet potatoes has helped a bit with my bg.

mands likes this.
  10. lilhawk

lilhawk Member

I totally agree.

mands likes this.
  11. mands

12. Drbronson527

Yes

mands likes this.
  13. Drbronson527

Oats, jasmine rice, cream of rice. I like sources that are easy to digest

14. DrinkFlintWater

DrinkFlintWater Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Anybody a fan of glipizide these days? No?

15. wildfuchs

wildfuchs Member

switching from grains to tubers (american or japanese sweet potatoes, taro/eddoe, cocoyams, yams), or from jasmin/sushi rice to basmati rice (lower GL) or from white rices to red or black rice (which are actually nutritious compared to the nutrient-devoid whites), or wild rice (not really a grain but made from grasses, really expensive outside of NA/Canada unfortunately) will all help.

method of preparation / cooking time & heat will also modulate the impact of all these foods on your blood sugar - sweet potatoes can have a GL of 60-90+ depending on boiling vs baking them to caramelization for example.

16. jimjarue

jimjarue Member

Berberine can also work to control BG. 500 mg/3x per day is said to be as efficacious as Metformin

ECinfidel likes this.
  17. eery

eery Member

jimjarue and Drbronson527 like this.
  18. Drbronson527

Thank you! I’ll check those out

19. ToastEater

ToastEater Member

I split mine 1.5 & 1.5 and 5/2 protocol
    It helped Me

20. rfan2020

rfan2020 Member

interesting that you were fine on one gh, then not so on another. are you sure the first was legit? can you say what brands (the previous and current)?