Mark Smelly Bell.

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Forum' started by TorroXL, Aug 25, 2018.

1. TorroXL

TorroXL Member

Real quick for those that don’t know.
    Mark Smelly Bell is a normal power lifter.
    He’s gonna do a show and I think Hanay Rambod is doin all his coaching. He only lifts very heavy too. Very interesting guy, I love his no nonsense approach to training. Strikingly similar to my fave Lee Priest.

2. Brolloks

Brolloks Member

He's lost heaps of weight, but I stopped following him on IG because every post was just poses and flexes. A lot like Ben Pollack. If I wanted to see powerlifters pose I'd follow real bodybuilders rather than dudes who lift heavy.

Not taking anything away from Mark Bell, but you can find 1000's of transformation pics just like this:

[​IMG]

CrispyRockClimber and TorroXL like this.
  3. TorroXL

TorroXL Member

Powerlifting made my physique it is today. I did the big 3 only for probably 6 years of my training. Best shape of my life. I dabble with both B.B. and PL these days. Larry wheels and Stan efferding are ok too. Stan tries to push that vertical diet all damn day tho

Brolloks and Worf like this.
  4. Brolloks

Brolloks Member

Yeah. Stan and MB both push the tits of his VD. Saw a vid of Stan squatting heavy for 3 reps. No mention of the VD, but then he stepped out of the rack and turned around...big Vertical Diet ad on his chest! :( I almost puked, but had to give credit that he rickrolled me.

NorthMich likes this.
  5. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

He was also a pro wrestler at one time, he owns Supertraining Gym, and owns the Slingshot brand.

MindlessWork likes this.
  6. Brolloks

Brolloks Member

I respect him for all of those, and signed up. But with the greatest of respect, I have zero interest in following his progress as a very average old-age bodybuilder.

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  7. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Yeah, I didn't even know he was doing this and feel the same way.

8. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Hany called him out on a podcast and challenged him, mark agreed and Hany has been at the wheel coaching him the whole way and he's been getting in training with Mike Ohearn

TorroXL and Perrin Aybara like this.
  9. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I guess that makes sense and I'm sure he'll do everything right. Just looked at some pics and he's gotten pretty lean, but doesn't seem like he has a good build for aesthetics. In my opinion anyway.

10. Worf

Worf Member

Well if you look at Mark Bell from his actual powerlifting days he has made a huge transformation. He used to be close to 350 lbs

BigNattyDaddy likes this.
  11. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Looks completely different than he did in Bigger, Stronger, Faster.

Worf likes this.
  12. To be honest it's doubtful that he will compete. I believe all this is just for marketing. His physique is impressive for someone in the 50s, but seriously he would get trashed in the stage.

13. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

He lost way too much muscle mass dieting down that low. Looks like shit honestly. I don't care who trained him, he doesn't look much beyond a natty in that photo

CAswole likes this.
  14. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

UPDATE

Bell took 1st place in the Master's Heavyweight and 2nd in the open.

Brandaddy, RThoads and TorroXL like this.
  15. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

I'm sure he's a great guy but he would be crushed in open at most amateur shows. An open 2nd place or masters win? Yea...nobody showed up that's all. And I'm just speaking about body's here, not trying to attack the guy

MindlessWork, jaymaximus and TorroXL like this.
  16. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

But for real, props to the guy as an accomplished powerlifters who also competed. Dieting down that low is misery, hell of dedication and my thumbs up for taking someone's callout and doing the damn thing!!!

Worf and TorroXL like this.
  17. RThoads

RThoads Member

I have been following him for many years. But I admit, I am not so much interested in his leaning out and have not followed as much since this shift in focus. However, I do recognize it is hard work and he did great.
    Much respect to him and I admire his accomplishments (both in and out of the gym with business etc).
    Seems like really good dude too -- like someone easy to hangout with and would be a good friend.
    I wish nothing but continued success for him in wherever his interests takes him.

18. fodsod

fodsod Member

Meh, same as LW. He did a show that no one showed up and got the default win. Yes, LW looked OK but in a legit NPC state or regional show he'd have got his ass handed to him.

It's all marketing for these guys. They have nothing better to do so why not grab some new fan boys and add to the sheep?

Bell has always been extreme with everything he does so this approach was probably as close to natty as he could get for him. Most likely because O'Hern and Stan were involved. They're all sucking each others cock talking VD and how everyone is natural. WTFE.

Worf and TorroXL like this.
  19. jaymaximus

jaymaximus Member

He got by far the loudest crowd reaction which had an effect on his placing. He placed in heavyweight, classic, and physique. Yes, you read that right. Also Mark Bell and the slingshot were one of the top sponsors for this show.

He made a lot of improvement, he gets props for that, but his placing is highly questionable

TorroXL and fodsod like this.
  20. RThoads

RThoads Member

yea I agree -- I do not think a competitor should also be sponsor of the show they are competing in -- I did not know those things.

TorroXL and jaymaximus like this.