Meal Prep Services

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by BigNattyDaddy, May 23, 2018.

1. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Anybody have recomendations on meal prep services? I'm looking at Megafit Meals, Icon, and 5% meals right now.

2. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Icon fucking rocks!!

Big_paul and Dr. Savage like this.
  3. Dr. Savage

Dr. Savage Member

I'm in on this! Curious too!

4. Robfromga

Robfromga Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Links?
    I'm hungry .

5. luex

luex Member

Cook it yourself ;) save your money and make better meals. I use to be really stressed about eating- trying hard to eat every 2 hours and meal prep- until I just focused more on hitting my macros for the day with evenly spaced meals- I realized I can meal prep all my food one day and then measure the proportions out daily...instead of having 20 containers in my fridge. Just throwing it out there. Everyone has a different approach..it’s more about what you can do consistently.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    CrispyRockClimber likes this.
  6. wedorecover

wedorecover Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

That’s what i do but now im trying out cooking 2 times a week because by the end of the week the food sucks

7. anfee

anfee Member

Something I learned from a meal prep. I love white rice. Cook up 12 cups of that shit and when it’s done, divide it out however you want in those twist lock containers. Then immediately throw in freezer. It will stop the rice from cooking.

When u want to eat, take off the top and throw in the microwave for 3 minutes. Comes out fucking perfect.

I eat 4cups of white rice every day this exact way. Have been for years. Convinced it’s the easiest way and plus a 5lb bag of uncle bens rice is like $6 and has over 100 1 cup cooked rice servings.

TRT, BigRed91 and MindlessWork like this.
  8. luex

luex Member

@anfee why not brown rice? I’d understand white rice post workout or say early morning..but throughout my day I do slower carbs mostly brown rice and shredded oats in a shake.

9. anfee

anfee Member

Cause fuck brown rice LOL. I know myself. I know I’ll heat up white rice at any time of day, brown rice. Brown rice has 1 place in my house, the trash can.

I just hate it.

10. luex

luex Member

haha alright man to each their own. :eek:

anfee likes this.
  11. Test_Subject

Test_Subject Member

I just discovered mung beans not too long ago. They've made meal prep a breeze because the macros in them are absolutely retarded.

We're talking 350 calories, 1.5g fat, 60g carbs, 24g protein in a half cup serving.

I saw them in the grocery store one day and was like "WTF, seriously?" when I read the nutritional information. I just make a few cups at the beginning of the week, throw it in the fridge and use it as a side for whatever.

CrispyRockClimber and Morefyah like this.
  12. Munky

Munky Member

Big uncle daddy's chicken and rice lol

13. rutman

rutman Member

I’ve ordered from Mega Fit Meals a few times and they’re pricey but good. Wait for a 20% off sale.

14. RomanMVP

RomanMVP Member

Oh man, ya gotta try Basmati rice. awesome!

Just1more and Morefyah like this.
  15. Big_paul

Big_paul Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

A buddy of mine used Icon and loved it.

16. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

Bc white rice or brown rice doesn’t make a difference in the big picture.

jackbladezzz, rutman and anfee like this.
  17. luex

luex Member

Makes a difference for sure actually... @Docd187123 especially if you’re eating in a surplus...white rice would be more readily stored as fat due to it being a higher glycemic food...brown rice wouldn’t be converted to fat quite as easily as white rice and it won’t give you as much of an insulin spike because of the slow digestion. That’s why I suggested taking white rice more around strenuous activity due to the high GI score and how fast it will be digested. I’m not one of those just hit your macros guy -in the long the term scheme of things-yes that’s what you need to do but different foods DO affect your body differently...white rice is more refined than brown- I understand from a macro standpoint they’re about the same but from a nutrient stand point they are not..health is important too..not just hitting macros with junk.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  18. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

You’re believing in something that’s just not true in any way, shape, or form. Protein spikes your insulin more than white rice does FYI.

You seem unaware that while brown rice does have more available nutrients than white rice, THE NUTIRENTS IN BROWN RICE ARE MUCH HARDER TO ABSORB, meaning, you end up with slightly more nutrients with white rice.

My suggestion is researching nutrition a bit more to uncover the truth instead of believing in parroted myths.

19. rutman

rutman Member

Brown rice and white rice acts virtually the same on the body.

The glycemic index of brown rice is 68, while white rice is 73. Pretty much the same as far as the body is concerned.

macabremitch likes this.
  20. luex

luex Member

“Researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health investigated the effect of consuming white rice or brown rice on the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. The study, led by Qi Sun, appeared in the June 14, 2010 issue of the "Archives of Internal Medicine" and used questionnaires about lifestyle and diet to follow 197,228 study participants. The study concluded that replacing white rice with brown rice would decrease an individual's risk for developing diabetes by 16 percent.” Good points you’ve made..but regardless brown rice is better long term for better overrall health.

RomanMVP and rutman like this.