Attention Guest: Please make sure that you are using a unique password to login to MESO. If you have used your MESO password on another website, change it immediately. You should NEVER share the same login credentials on multiple websites.

Moneygram with a credit card?

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by ShredMN, Apr 5, 2015.

1. ShredMN

ShredMN Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I know people say this is much less secure, and should be avoided... But where is the logic behind that. If you pay in cash with Moneygram, you have to put in your full name and address, subsequently leaving a papertrail. Also, where would the risk be in using a credit card if you're purchasing small amounts of gear through an international source that is outside the jurisdiction of the EU?

2. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

The credit card will have your personal info, so be careful with that

3. ShredMN

Moneygram already has my personal info though, what's the difference?

Ach3r0n likes this.
  4. ShredMN

The only difference I see is online requires the last 4 of your social... But even without that, moneygram basically has all of my personal information, save for credit card info. It seems to me in person is no more secure than online. And are we really concerned about LE when we're buying small amounts of gear. At this point it seems the risk is overblown. Why bust me when they can go after a source? It seems they lose a shit ton of money busting a dude dropping a few hundred dollars on less than 100ml of testosterone.

vanda3 likes this.
  5. kaizoku

kaizoku Member

You don't have to give your real info to send cash by MG...

6. ShredMN

I've read numerous times it's not wise to use a fake name or address for several reasons. I'm just wondering why people think it's more dangerous to use online moneygram vs in store?

7. smashfit

smashfit Member

With online MG, especially if you are sending $ overseas...they WILL call you before they approve the transaction, and if the receiver's name has been used a bunch from people all over the world, their name is flagged in MG system. So, when they call you they'll ask "so who are you sending money to and why" and if the receiver's name has indeed been flagged they will say something to you like "are you aware that you're engaging in illegal activity with this person" or something like that and that's when you hang up the phone and get a bit freaked out Lol....now your "name" has been flagged by MG as well.
    ^^ This does not happen every time, BUT it is much more likely to happen than in person

When you go in person, you can give a fake name and they do not ask you for ID, who you are sending it to and why....none of that. Online is MUCH more traceable than in-person...if you're worried about that sort of thing.

8. 54chev

54chev Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Yea..but if you use a fake name..youll never see that money back if something were to happen. Unless youre ordering a large volume and sending thousands..use your real name. Its traceable..? and exactly who is going to be tracing your $400 that was sent? the dea? The cia? Obama?

vanda3 and Ozzy619 like this.
  9. fastasf

fastasf Member

Not sure where you send money gram from but where I'm at they require ID every single time. I purchased a fake ID about 2 years ago so that I could pick up the money if something happened without having to use my real name. The people there aren't trained to spot fake IDs.

10. MG does not require ID in my state either. If WU or MG were to ask for my ID, I'd give them the oldest line in the book after grabbing my pockets in disappointment ... "I left it at home". If they don't accept that then I'd take my money and gladly leave. I wouldn't take the chance of using a fake ID.

smashfit and FuriousWO like this.
  11. smashfit

smashfit Member

Maybe they don't ID me because I'm a pretty lady. @fastasf Try dressing up as a lady and see if that works for you Lol

12. vickster23

vickster23 Member

I went to a MG in one of those "check cashing" places. They wanted ID. Asked at a MG in my walmart if ID was required and they said no. So it apparently varies from location to location - even in the same town.

13. Hdog530

Hdog530 Junior Member

Having a credit card with the same name as the sender solidifies the papertrail. If you wore a hat and shades and they couldn't properly identify you while you were sending the cash/money; it makes it seem more reasonable that someone may have just used your name (especially if you could put a buddies address) and they couldn't prove it was actually you. I don't think its overly paranoid to use cash especially if your using your real name.

14. Hdog530

Hdog530 Junior Member

hypothetically:
    in person you gotta deal with cameras, online you could get a greendot and they couldn't prove it was you...

I prefer in person if I don't have to wait for a phone call or raise flags.

15. vanda3

vanda3 Member

I have been thinking on receiving money WU no id but in Thailand I think the person at the desk is going to want ID so I thought about PerfectMoney but they want you to upload photo ID so then there is WebMoney but when i click on another tab besides home page it turns Russian with now option to translate .
    Bitcoin is no good cuz most customers don't have bitcoin.
    Now i am thinking on just using PayPal normally cuz really there is now proof on why someone sent you money there is only a record of someone sending you money but no reason why so maybe i will do that. I am still looking into which one i can use .
    Oh there is also Pioneer which i am looking at because as long as i dont have to upload ID then anything else they want i can provide.

16. MindlessWork

NEVER use PayPal for such purchases as they track where you send money to.

17. vanda3

vanda3 Member

I guess i could just use WU and MG with my name because there is nothing to say what the reason i am receiving money for other than from a friend or somthing, but the fact i gave my name to the other person is not good i guess.
    I am looking at some other options maybe using more than one dunno yet.
    Now I am reading up on " Doku MyShortCart" but i am still just reading on it. The Doku site is out of Indonesia and I would sign up behind a dedicated VPN for my exit nod using Tor or Jap on the front then add the MyShortCart to website but dunno yet.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  18. vanda3

vanda3 Member

In person using MG can you waive ID for the receiver? Can the receiver use "No ID Pick up" and just have a password or MTCN# like i hear WU does? I dont think the clerks in Thailand would even be aware of any "no id pick up" policy and would still ask for ID.
    So do you think the receiver could pick up with no ID using MG ?

Thank you
    Vanda3

19. Wunderpus

Wunderpus Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

You can waive the ID for WU, not MG.

20. MindlessWork

That's changing soon, and id will be required for transactions $50 or more.