Most amount of hgh you've used.

pumpingiron22

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
It really has to do with what your stated goals are. I try and (over?)simplify things by having folks fall into one of three buckets with their GH usage:
a) Hypertrophy
b) Lipolysis
c) Quality of Life, etc

Each of them has some differences as it relates to dosing strategies. Can you let me know which of these you fall into so I may better answer this question for you?

There are no set in stone rules, but we must remember that the intracellular pathways GH uses for anabolism are impacted greatly by insulin. My current stance on this topic is that smaller, frequent doses of GH are ideal. However, we also must remember that these pathways become desensitized to continued GH stimulus and must be resensitized. How does one resensitize these pathways for anabolism? Insulin...this is why I feel Lantus may provide the ideal mechanism for anabolism because we aren't having to micro-manage timing, the Lantus does this for us.
Thank you for your response. As of now I just got off prep. So we are now going for clean Mass with keeping fat low right under 30% a day ATM. I have plenty of time to dived up my shots. If it's most beneficial or not. I just want to get the most out of everything I do competion wise. I will definitely look in to lantus I reamber when that first came out if that would be more of a safe. Vs the alternative. Another part of my goal his harm reduction doing thing in a manner that are safe but beneficial.

cheekymike

4iu of humatrope 5 days a week for over a year, used in conjunction with physiotherapy speed up the recovery of a fractured knee. Amazing results and felt mentally great too while on it. Would keep running it but it is unaffordable when on a student budget :( .

Eman

I was very interested in using lantus. It seemed, at first, like an insulin you could use and get a little lazy with it as opposed to a quick in and out slin where you needed to be more "on your toes".

I'm probably making some general statements there but, with that said, lantus having such a long activity level gives me pause. I'm not concerned so much about long term effects of a fast acting insulin, moreso the short term effects. Conversely, I am not sure what kind of long term effects you'd be looking at with an insulin that is going to be active for an entire day or a bit longer.

scmtnboy

18uis of Serostim EOD for 4 months. Started at 9ius ED for 2 months but my feet and ankles swelled so bad I could barely wear my shoes so I went 18 EOD and the sides were less. Worked fine both ways. Good old pharma Serostim. Solid shit.

I'm taking only 5iu or half a vial of Blacktops and I have the same thing going on with my ankles. I've been pounding the food and on a post show rebound so I'm going to tighten the diet up a bit but it's kind of freaky looking having "cankles"

Ripped

I'm taking only 5iu or half a vial of Blacktops and I have the same thing going on with my ankles. I've been pounding the food and on a post show rebound so I'm going to tighten the diet up a bit but it's kind of freaky looking having "cankles"
If your treating them as 10iu vials and doing half your getting more close to 71/2 iu. Most put 1 1/2 ml bac and treat them as 15iu.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

fodsod

That is the one thing I can't stand about GH. It just looks nasty but it's just part of the program. Diet and diuretics sort of help but unless you're in show prep and really keeping everything in check it's just going to be there.

Wunderpus

Stumbled upon this study, another good one: Effects of growth hormone on glucose metabolism. - PubMed - NCBI

"Under pathological conditions of GH excess (e.g. acromegaly, poorly controlled tp. 1 diabetes or high dose GH treatment) the diabetogenic actions of GH become apparent. In these patients increased endogenous glucose production, decreased muscle glucose uptake and rising blood glucose levels are observed. In patients with intact beta-cell function these changes are counterbalanced by hyperinsulinemia--such hyperinsulinemia may in the long term induce increased cardiovascular morbidity and mortality ('Reavens syndrome X'). When stimulated with insulin these patients exhibit insulin resistance at the liver, in adipose tissue and in muscle."

When does water retention from GH (8iu+) begin to subside ? after 2 months of taking it ?

I think there is certainly going to be an individual component here. But why does GH cause water retention?

Well, there are a few things GH does that correspond to water retention. First, it suppresses atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP). ANP acts to reduce water retention, so having it suppressed [1] provides the beginnings of an environment ripe for extracellular water retention. These changes tend to occur very quickly after administration and go away very quickly after rHGH is ceased.

rHGH also causes an increase in serum sodium levels [2] which may due to the fact it activates the RAAS (renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system) [3].

Can this water retention be lessened? In my experience, ensuring a proper electrolyte balance with an emphasis on potassium can really be of benefit. Because of GH's inherent ability to cause sodium retention, having adequate dietary potassium can help shift water balance. Also, try to use FDA brand GH whenever possible because I've seen non FDA brands actually include some nasty filler ingredients, some which directly promote water retention.

Some find that switching method of administration helps (e.g. going from subcutaneous to intramuscular). Also, if one family of rHGH is problematic, see if you have a better response from the other family.

With that said, some folks are just screwed because they may have an allergic reaction to something within the rHGH. One former client of mine became swollen very badly after using Serostim and nothing we did beyond dropping it helped (even at very small doses).

1. Møller J, Jørgensen JO, Møller N, Hansen KW, Pedersen EB, Christiansen JS. Expansion of extracellular volume and suppression of atrial natriuretic peptide after growth hormone administration in normal man. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1991 Apr;72(4):768-72.

2. Hoffman DM, Crampton L, Sernia C, Nguyen TV, Ho KK. Short-term growth hormone (GH) treatment of GH-deficient adults increases body sodium and extracellular water, but not blood pressure. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1996 Mar;81(3):1123-8.

3. Møller J, Møller N, Frandsen E, Wolthers T, Jørgensen JO, Christiansen JS. Blockade of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system prevents growth hormone-induced fluid retention in humans. Am J Physiol. 1997 May

Roco Bama

I think there is certainly going to be an individual component here. But why does GH cause water retention?

Well, there are a few things GH does that correspond to water retention. First, it suppresses atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP). ANP acts to reduce water retention, so having it suppressed [1] provides the beginnings of an environment ripe for extracellular water retention. These changes tend to occur very quickly after administration and go away very quickly after rHGH is ceased.

rHGH also causes an increase in serum sodium levels [2] which may due to the fact it activates the RAAS (renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system) [3].

Can this water retention be lessened? In my experience, ensuring a proper electrolyte balance with an emphasis on potassium can really be of benefit. Because of GH's inherent ability to cause sodium retention, having adequate dietary potassium can help shift water balance. Also, try to use FDA brand GH whenever possible because I've seen non FDA brands actually include some nasty filler ingredients, some which directly promote water retention.

Some find that switching method of administration helps (e.g. going from subcutaneous to intramuscular). Also, if one family of rHGH is problematic, see if you have a better response from the other family.

With that said, some folks are just screwed because they may have an allergic reaction to something within the rHGH. One former client of mine became swollen very badly after using Serostim and nothing we did beyond dropping it helped (even at very small doses).

1. Møller J, Jørgensen JO, Møller N, Hansen KW, Pedersen EB, Christiansen JS. Expansion of extracellular volume and suppression of atrial natriuretic peptide after growth hormone administration in normal man. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1991 Apr;72(4):768-72.

2. Hoffman DM, Crampton L, Sernia C, Nguyen TV, Ho KK. Short-term growth hormone (GH) treatment of GH-deficient adults increases body sodium and extracellular water, but not blood pressure. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1996 Mar;81(3):1123-8.

3. Møller J, Møller N, Frandsen E, Wolthers T, Jørgensen JO, Christiansen JS. Blockade of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system prevents growth hormone-induced fluid retention in humans. Am J Physiol. 1997 May
Thanks bro

PvtTucker

Water retention is why I only pin MWF now. Can't stand that shit but like this I only get numb hands every once in a while. This is on 9iu pinned first thing in the morning and 1iu preworkout MFW instead of pinning 5iu everyday.

Water retention is why I only pin MWF now. Can't stand that shit but like this I only get numb hands every once in a while. This is on 9iu pinned first thing in the morning and 1iu preworkout MFW instead of pinning 5iu everyday.

Yep, this is another method I forgot to mention, but as you said I have seen that less frequent injections can also be used effectively to combat CTS and/or water retention.

puckhog

I am looking to run GH for a year. If I run growth for 4.5 months and take 2 weeks off will that be the same as starting over completely? Or can I pick back up after those 2 weeks and be alright? I am going out of the country in October and don't wanna start if that is going to fuck up my run.

PvtTucker

I feel like I've heard you have about 3 months after hgh that you'll have elevate igf levels or something like that? Could be very wrong though. Either way 2 weeks is no big deal

I am looking to run GH for a year. If I run growth for 4.5 months and take 2 weeks off will that be the same as starting over completely? Or can I pick back up after those 2 weeks and be alright? I am going out of the country in October and don't wanna start if that is going to fuck up my run.

No, this is not how things work at all. Taking a few weeks off from rHGH usage won't render any prior use obsolete.

I feel like I've heard you have about 3 months after hgh that you'll have elevate igf levels or something like that? Could be very wrong though. Either way 2 weeks is no big deal

Systemic IGF-1 has a much slower trend as it relates to levels increasing/decreasing. However, it is more likely that IGF-1 levels will return to baseline within weeks, not months.

Ripped

No, this is not how things work at all. Taking a few weeks off from rHGH usage won't render any prior use obsolete.

Systemic IGF-1 has a much slower trend as it relates to levels increasing/decreasing. However, it is more likely that IGF-1 levels will return to baseline within weeks, not months.
If you don't mind me asking are you a trainer seem to have good knowledge is why I ask.

I like reading yours and @mands and others post I am learning alot I may hit you up sometime and pick your brain. Right now just running gh. I'm trying to soak up all the knowledge on gh and slin I can .

My inbox is always open should you ever have questions (or you are always welcome to tag me in threads so I don't miss them)...

Sponsored Links