Mr. Olympia’s evolution?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sparkyp, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

after joining this forum Bodybuilding is peaking my interest. I started looking into last Mr. Olympia’s. When you look at Larry Scott, Arnold, Zane and even Lee Haney; they look like normal humans compared to Yates, Coleman, cutler and Heath. What changed in the later 80s early 90s in the sense of supplementation/aas? Was it GH?

The last 4-5 mr Olympia’s got to be 50* pounds heavier and they look freakish compared to the guys prior. We’re talking just a couple years difference.

What aas makes the BB of the new era look so much bigger?

2. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Dorian changed things. As a result when Milos introduced insulin to the scene, others utilized insulin and more gh to try to contend with dorians size. Then Ronnie to it to even more of an extreme

Sparkyp likes this.
  3. master.on

master.on Member

While I was't even born when they were winning golden-age Olympia titles,
    their physiques are clearly more aesthetic.

Arnold should tell his judges to deduct a lot of points for even the slightest GH-gut

In fact he should give a pregnant-man award to the worst GH-gut offender
    In fact, he starred a movie about a pregnant-man himself
    [​IMG]

Junior (1994 film) - Wikipedia

The Terminator and Ultimatepip like this.
  4. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

In your opinion, what separates Yates from the playing field to make others want to beat him? Simply genetics with ‘typical’ aas of the time period? (Insulin, test, gh) Or another factor that made Yates so much bigger?

5. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

When you google Olympia’s winners, there’s no comparison from the OG guys and post Yates. It incredible to see the size difference literally overnight. This isn’t like 4 decades later.

You got to wonder how big Mr. Olympia’s are going to be in the next 30-50 years. 340lbs at 5-11??!!

6. master.on

master.on Member

5'11" gut?

7. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Yates genetics plus his training intensity and focus. He didn't use insulin until the end of his career and supposedly he rain fairly conservative doses of everything

8. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

Fascinating.

9. Evom1

Evom1 Member

If I were you I'd suggest watching his recent interviews with rxmuscle on YouTube

10. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

I’ll check it out. I saw him on the joe Rogan podcast and Yates is a very very humble and soft spoken guy.