Muscle Egg

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by Leancuisine, Apr 20, 2017.

Leancuisine

Leancuisine Member

muscle egg - who's tried it?
    How is it? How's it cook?

ranger.danger

ranger.danger Member

I've tried samples. Tastes amazing

c_natty

c_natty Member

I've only drank the shit never cooked w it. Delicious and easy to get down, just pricey.

Obeast88 and Seven Dog like this.
    Leancuisine

Leancuisine Member

$30 for 16 servings at 25g protein a serving I think. I guess it's cheaper than store bought egg whites. Things are $4-5 for 20ish servings of 3 grams protein.

c_natty likes this.
    c_natty

c_natty Member

Egg whites at Costco come in a 6 pk of the smaller 50g protein ones for $7-8. That's my shit, I see Wunderpus gets the same pack.

Leancuisine

Leancuisine Member

Sams might have the same thing. Not a Costco up in this place.

Seven Dog

Seven Dog Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I've had the mint chocolate. Never cooked it, just drank it with mint chocolate protein powder. Taste was damn good. Price sucks ass, definitely not cheaper than egg whites in a carton from Sam's. I got mine from Complete Nutrition. I believe if you order from Muscle Egg the shipping is insane.

gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

My favorite mom and pop supplement shop gave me a freebie to try of muscle egg. I liked it! Not worth the price tho

Sams sells a six pack of egg whites for under $10. Now thats a deal. No it wont taste like chocolate but hey...

LordSamuilo and Leancuisine like this.
    Leancuisine

Leancuisine Member

Yeah I got a free half gallon. But it's pumpkin spice. Fuck it. I'll try it.

Seven Dog likes this.
    ranger.danger

ranger.danger Member

probably still bomb

LordSamuilo

LordSamuilo Member

Get the six pack of egg whites at Sam's add in a splash of your favorite flavor sugar free creamer and booom ! Taste just like muscle eggs with out the huge mark up ! Its pretty good actually!

gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Never thought of that

LordSamuilo and Leancuisine like this.
    Apexvallen

Apexvallen Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I get a 1kg carton of egg whites from the grocery store for 4 bucks. Not so bad. Add it to my oats and whey shake and I don't even need to blend the shake, just shake it up and it doesn't taste eggy at all.

Never heard of muscle eggs till today though. looks interesting. But yeah, a bit pricey.

LordSamuilo likes this.
    I buy the costco 6 pack too, each carton is 50g protein. Past few days been mixing ~8-9oz egg whites with a scoop of bcaas and add ice + water and just drink it. So much easier than cooking them and save having to wash dishes. Could also add some flavored stevia drops.

Apexvallen

Apexvallen Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Is there any new info on the whole bioavailability of the egg protein if not cooked thing that was around like 5 years ago?

LordSamuilo likes this.
    LordSamuilo

LordSamuilo Member

The only thing is was able to dig up was a study conducted in 1998 by the American society for nutritional services the basically stated that when consuming raw eggs more than 50% isn't absorbed efficiently over a 24 hour period , as opposed to around a 91% absorption rate of cooked eggs , also don't quote me on this but I believe the study was on egg whites and not whole eggs . Do you know what the study was that was only a few years ago id be interested to look it up and give it a read ? But in general everything I find on the subject suggest cooked eggs absorb at a much higher rate than raw , it interesting though !

PvtTucker

PvtTucker Junior Member

Egg whites bought in the carton are typically pasteurized, not raw so they behave as if they are cooked. True raw egg whites you crack out of a shell yourself would not be good to just drink.

LordSamuilo likes this.
    LordSamuilo

LordSamuilo Member

Yeah i kinda shit the bed on that one , and posted before taking a little more time to look into a little better ! Your right though pasteurization kills off bacteria and protein digestive inhibitors. .. Avidin(glycoprotein) is found in raw egg whites , and blocks uptake of b6 and biotin causing vitamin deficiency ( it binds to the biotin and iron making them unavailable )... when you cook or pasteurize egg whites it neutralizes the Avidin allowing the body to digest the protien and use the amino acids. But just a side note to that as well cooking eggs at high temps also denatures some of the amino acids making them slightly less effective . So something like poached or soft boiled is probably better than say , scrambled or hard boiled ... but im just assuming with the amount of egg whites most of us are eating the difference is probably negligible. So after all that being said what is the most effective way to eat your eggs , who fucking knows , drink em (pasteurized ) poach em , fry em your basically gonna get the same result lol !

PvtTucker likes this.

© 1997–2016 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.