My daughter wants to work out

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Uglyrichie, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Uglyrichie

Uglyrichie Member

Any suggestions on programming. My 15 year old daughter wants to go to the gym with me. Her goal is to lose weight and gain strength. She's a chunky monkey but active in soccer and taekwando. Got anything we can do together. Trying to get that extra bonding in while I'm at it. Thanks for any responses.

rugerjitsu and johntt44 like this.
  2. rubisean

rubisean Member

Good for you brother...
    Although I cannot give advise with a daughter I can tell you that I raised four sons and spending time with them was the most important thing i could have done.

T-Bagger likes this.
  3. Cityofgrit

Cityofgrit Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Try some circuit training...you can keep a good pace for fat burn and still get some good weightlifting in. I think that would work well for a 15 year old girl, plus you could teach her different lifts for the circuit. Just my opinion, hopefully others will chime in. Pretty cool, brother!

T-Bagger likes this.
  4. Uglyrichie

Uglyrichie Member

Hey thanks I'm looking at an athleanx program that focuses on athletics. She told me she doesn'tt trust me and wants someone who knows what their doing. It looks like it has compound lifts so it's a plus for me. Figured I would ask here first. A lot of knowledge here. When my boy gets old enough I'm going to give him starting strength to read and say let's go.

5. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

My adult daughter asked me the same thing. If I would go to the gym with her and run her through some workouts that will help her for her goals. I asked what she thought her goals were and decided for what she wanted and the time she has to do it that circuit training was the best for her.

Side note she has yet to get her membership so have not shown her yet.

6. Tinytim

Tinytim Member

Cardio, stairclimber and tredmill. After warming up hit a curcuit on the machines. Spend as much time as you can with her, they grow up and leave so quick.

T-Bagger likes this.
  7. johntt44

johntt44 Member

Just a simple program starting out 3×10 full body 2-3 days a week to see if she likes it. My daughter used to go with me here and there when she was young. She started actually working out at about your daughters age. She'll be 20 in November and is very fit. People always ask her if shes in the military. Shes actually kind of a hippy, pot head type though. She is driven though. Good luck to you and your little girl!

8. Artifex

Artifex Member

Might give a try : get 2 fitbit watch one for you and one for her . You will see how many steps you take , all the exercises and could log in water and food intake ... once you set up the watch remind you for moving and weekly min exercises. .. weekly report show who did more , kinda challenge between you ...

I have one and my wife .. really motivate and help develop good habits ( drinking enough water ... )

9. Spokeonawheel

Spokeonawheel Member

My GFs 13 year old daughter always wants to.lift and train with me and my lady. It's great.

I would just encourage her in anything she wants to do. If she wants to lift any of the weights show her the form and let her know why you do what you do and how it is working the muscle. Try to fill her in on the underlying theory so she has a good start.