Need advice analyzing my blood work

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by Rrb, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Rrb

Rrb Junior Member

Hey guys, looking for some help. Recently got my blood work because I was planning on going on TRT for a few months to see how much better I feel because I’ve been having low T symptoms, and wanted to get pre-TRT blood work done.

A little background with me, married, three boys, 6 foot one, 200 pounds. I would consider my billed as skinny fat/athletic looking. Never consistently lifted weights in my life.

I know you can’t just take steroids and magically become disciplined and muscular. You have to put in the work. I was hoping to use TRT to gain A better sense of well-being to help in the motivation to start lifting weights and feel better.

that said, I’ve done a little research on the blood work that I’ve had done over the past couple years. My sex hormone binding goblin has always been on the high end I believe causing my free testosterone to be on the lower end. I need advice on what I can do or how I can diagnose what is causing the high SHBG so I can fix that freeing up my free testosterone so that I don’t have to go on TRT at the moment. Here is my recent blood test. I need advice on what I can do or how I can diagnose what is causing the high ass HBG so I can fix that freeing up my free testosterone so that I don’t have to go on TRT at the moment. Here is my recent blood work. Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  2. Rrb

Rrb Junior Member

A few questions I have.
    Is there any blood work I missed?
    What further testing would you guys recommend to diagnose why my SHBG hey so high? Do I need to get a certain type of blood work done to see why my liver is producing excess SHBG?

I have had my fair share of alcohol over the years. Should I assume this high SHBG is because of liver damage due to alcohol? Or could it be me just needing to take natural supplements like boron zinc calcium magnesium etc. to help bring down my SHBG allowing my free testosterone to rise? Is there anything else I need to share to give you guys a better picture so you can help me?

I’m turning 37 by the way in a couple months

3. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Member

It sucks getting older lol.

What symptoms are you having?

Numbers don’t look bad, could use some help with your cholesterol

musclemedicine likes this.
  4. Rrb

Rrb Junior Member

Hi symptoms are lack of desire to fuck the wife, of course this could be because she has gained weight after our third son. He all of the standard stuff, fat gain muscle loss, lack of energy, I get Morningwood every morning. Moody, just the general stuff. That said, I’m sure a lot of those symptoms could be fixed by exercising consistently and eating more healthy. My main question is how to lower my shbg. Part of me thinks that if I manage to lower that number, that could take away all of the symptoms I’m having

Part of me thinks that if I managed to lower that number, that could take away all of the symptoms I’m having. If trying to take the natural supplement approach to lowering my ass HBG, do any of you guys have any suggestions on how to go about doing that, or suggestions on what type of testing to diagnose why I have a high SHBG

5. Labs are more valuable if you have something to compare them to. How long have you had these symptoms vs how long there has been a change in your lab results is important to consider.

Are you on any prescription medications?

It sounds like your symptoms are pretty mild. If your not training, eating and sleeping consistently I would start there.

6. Your liver enzymes look great.

7. Rrb

Rrb Junior Member

I have prior lab work, basically the same story, hi SHBG, lower end free testosterone, and average total testosterone. I will round up those labs and post them tonight.

A few days after this recent Bloodwork I Decided to try TRT to see how I felt. At 100 mg of test e a week. This Saturday will be my fourth injection .

That said, probably unwise for me to start TRT until I’ve addressed the exercise eating healthy getting good sleep part first to see if I can get my symptoms to go away by lowering my SHBG

8. Rrb

Rrb Junior Member

Im on 0 medications. Any idea What the main culprit normally is for such high SHBG levels?

9. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Member

Did your dr prescribe trt or is this self administered?

Honestly if you started working out and eating right and dropped the alcohol, you’d probably feel much better

The Terminator likes this.
  10. Rrb

Rrb Junior Member

Self administered trt. If I were to come off TRT, and at 100 mg a week, after let’s say six or seven weeks on, would there be any need for any post cycle therapy or probably not?