New Member Program Log

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by Achilles56, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Achilles56

Achilles56 Member

what’s up boys, just got my account verified but I’ve been lurking for awhile. Started a new program (12 week) Monday so figured I’d throw up interesting stuff here (probably just heavier lifts and overall discussion of my progress).

I’m a lifetime natty (still working out the logistics of first cycle/cutting weight before I start). I normally am walk around weight at 220/225, but the last three months with finals and graduating college I let myself go and am a fatass butterball . 5’11 245 and slowly cutting down to 210-215. Best lifts (gym not meet) are 385 tng bench, 475 squat and 555 deadlift.

Feel free to ask any questions or just shoot the shit, I’ll be here ✊✊

TorroXL and Johnny442 like this.
  2. Achilles56

Achilles56 Member

In the gym right now and starting the night off with a pretty easy single (1rm is probably higher than my best right now since I’m up 20 pounds.)

365 for a tng single before the volume work starts. (Will figure out how to post vid up when I get home)

3. Achilles56

Achilles56 Member

Also the pr lifts were all done at 215 after an 8 week peaking program.

4. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I've been playing around with an RPE 8ish single before volume work off and on over the past few months. Still not sure how I feel about it as it tends to throw off judging my volume weight for the day.

Ohiopower and TorroXL like this.
  5. Achilles56

Achilles56 Member

I don’t do it before every workout I usually save them for once or twice a week, mainly because from personal experience if I don’t lift heavy for more than 2-3 weeks, the transition back into heavier lifts is awkward for me.

6. theSilence

theSilence Member

I have the exact same problem. I need to lift heavy on each of the main lifts at least once a week, and if I want too long I feel like the technique suffers too much.