New to crypto

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by Infidel141, May 3, 2018.

1. Infidel141

Infidel141 Member

What's up guys, I just figured I'd try to do this cryptocrap to make a few purchases. Thing is I think I might be slightly retarded cause I don't understand it at all. I think i have a bitcoin atm near me, would that be an easy route? Do I have to move it to different wallets multiple times before purchasing?

I just don't get it, someone please enlighten me. Only thing I've looked at it coinbase and they want like all my info. Thanks guys

2. Skank

Skank Junior Member

Use coinbase.com it is easy. If you understand basic stock trading and are not intimidated by charts, use their related exchange at gdax.com and save on fees. You can do a wire transfer which takes ~a day to get your cash on their exchange, or you can link a bank account for more immeadiate purchases. If you only purchase as much Bitcoin as you need, approximately, you can avoid wallets and just transfer the coin payment from the exchange(coinbase) to the sources wallet address.

3. Infidel141

Infidel141 Member

Well fuck, if I can do it straight from the exchange then that will save me a hassle. Cause I'm just a dumbass construction worker lol no way in hell I could understand this shit

GianT_SlayeR likes this.
  4. Skank

Skank Junior Member

Once you get in there and do it, the mystery goes away. It gets easy. If you do decide that you will have increased need for crypto, a wallet would be a good idea, but certainly not necessary especially if you can spend the coin quickly after buying it.

5. bubblebuddy

bubblebuddy Member

I prefer using the atm. I have one bitcoin wallet. every time I make or receive a payment the wallet automatically gives me a new address.

6. Infidel141

Infidel141 Member

So I'm still confused. I downloaded a wallet, and when I clicked on it to open it, it just immediately showed there was nothing in there (obviously) but like theres no password or anything?

7. bubblebuddy

bubblebuddy Member

no. just put a password on your phone. wgile you're at it, encrypt it.

8. Infidel141

Infidel141 Member

Encrypt my phone?

9. bubblebuddy

bubblebuddy Member

yep. it's an option in the phone. just YouTube it. I am probably a bit overboard when it comes to protecting myself but I figure no one ever went down from to much protection!

Infidel141 likes this.
  10. Infidel141

Infidel141 Member

So I don't have an exchange anywhere near me, where do you buy bitcoins from? I see a site called gemini