New wiki leaks says they can watch us via our smart TVs

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by Jak3d, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Jak3d

Jak3d Member

2. Mr. Magnificent

Mr. Magnificent Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

If they wanna see a half naked man playing pocket-tennis, then be my guest, watch me:rolleyes:

insaiyan93 likes this.
  3. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Your TV needs a camera for you to be watched. What's more likely is audio recording is taking place and stored on large scale servers that hit on keywords and shit like that. If your TV isn't connected to the internet no snooping can take place

4. Kinetic

Kinetic Member

If I were the paranoid type, I'd be more concerned with the forward facing cameras on smartphones than I would be the snooping capabilities of a smart TV.

But, then again, I'm not the paranoid type.

5. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

gr8whitetrukker, Ripped and ickyrica like this.
  6. Jak3d

Jak3d Member

The bottom line is if you're just a normal human you're not being watched but I think it's the fact of how easily and how readily this happens that freaks me out.

7. kawilt

kawilt Member

“Strange how paranoia can link up with reality now and then.”
    Philip K. Dick

8. Kinetic

Kinetic Member

I know, I know.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you."
    ― Joseph Heller

9. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

I disagree. The take-away should be that "normal humans" are being watched. Maybe we should take FBI Director James Comey literally when he says the government believes it has access to your almost every communication including your memories.

"There is no such thing as absolute privacy in America. There is no place outside the reach of judicial authority...

Private conversations that matter most to us often at the most difficult moments in our lives, conversations with our doctors, with our attorneys, with our therapists, with our lawyers, with our spouses, with reporters, with all kinds of people that we have to have important conversations with, those are all protected by law, but none of them absolutely so.

All of those zones of privacy can be pierced if a court finds compelling reasons to do so, and have long been physical spaces in our lives that are intensely personal, and private to all of us, but none of them absolutely so. Safe-deposit boxes, storage units, car trunks, our diaries, even if we have one of those little locks on them, all of those things, all of those things can be opened if the interests favoring opening them are compelling. As strange as it sounds even our memories are not absolutely private.

Anyone of us could be compelled by a judge to testify about what we saw, what we heard, what we remember. We can be compelled to say what’s in the content of our minds even if it would hurt us, even if it was incriminating to us
    so long as we were protected from the government’s use of that information by an immunity order.” --- FBI Director James Comey via Inside the FBI: Expectations of Privacy: Balancing Liberty, Security, and Public Safety

DedLift, Eman, pumpingiron22 and 2 others like this.
  10. kawilt

kawilt Member

Your not protected by anything!

11. Jak3d

Jak3d Member

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  12. master.on

master.on Member

That's why FBI director
    Why is everyone covering up their laptop cameras?
    Mark Zuckerberg
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/23/...p-camera-you-should-consider-it-too.html?_r=0
    Among others cover their cameras

Yep, both cameras and mics can be hacked, and an Internet connection is a must.

On a serious note if you can’t find a sticker just put a band aid.
    [​IMG]
    somehow I like that

Now we know why Iphones had such a smooth finish
    Fanciness? You're so fcking naive
    So stickers just won't adhere!

PS
    And think of morons who don't believe or ignore their TOR browser already comes with all kinds of spyware.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  13. Jak3d

Jak3d Member

Ya TOR is the worst thing you could possibly ever use

14. Kinetic

Kinetic Member

There's no such thing as 'anonymous' in the age of technology. I'm probably on a million lists from all the ambiguous terms I've looked up in my lifetime, even while spending much of it behind a VPN for added security.

I don't let that prospect bother me. I've got enough anxiety in my life, I don't need more from being overly concerned about NSA boogeymen spying on me. Is it right? No. Does it keep me awake at night? Not at all.

15. Jak3d

Jak3d Member

Thats pretty much how I feel. Given the choice of going back to the boring 80s or the time we live in now I'll take the surveillance.

Their is not a damn thing we can do to prevent it, It's here to stay. Too much money is being made from it to change it and too many powerful people and private corperations are making a killing on government contracts to spy on us.

I personally think it has nothing to do with security and everything to do with keeping private business that are government party donors... Wealthy

master.on and Kinetic like this.
  16. pumpingiron22

pumpingiron22 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I just walk around the house with tin foil on my head.

17. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

You are part of the baked potato club too? My wife thinks I'm the only one

insaiyan93 and DedLift like this.
  18. gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Its the new era were in
    Wait till they mandate laws to have equipment placed in your vehicle to prevent distracted driving.
    Driving and texting.

19. master.on

master.on Member

Banning driving and texting is OK for me

Now ban this
    [​IMG]
    And watch me join Republic of Texas or any other separatist group

20. kawilt

kawilt Member

Thats funny...I joined them back in the mid ninety's

pumpingiron22 likes this.