New York Stock Exchange launching bitcoin market

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by Just1more, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Just1more

Just1more Member

Do you think this will somehow affect the anonymity that we now have ( or at least the illusion of anonymity we have)??

** didn't know how to edit title

2. brutus79

brutus79 Member

I don't know what butvoin is.... so it's still pretty anonymous.

3. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

I don't think so. If I buy shares in Apple, that doesn't mean I can see who is buying and using their products. Maybe if you buy 51% you might have access to that kind of information but even then I wouldn't think so.

Just1more likes this.
  4. brutus79

brutus79 Member

I think you might be a little foggy on how blockchain actually works. Bitcoin is far from anonymous... every transaction can be traced back to where the bitcoin was exchanged with usd, and even if you run it through a dark wallet you are trusting the faceless admins of the dark wallet- who could absolutely be feds- just as easily as some morally driven hacker not keeping logs doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

T-Bagger likes this.
  5. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

I see. I was under the impression that Bitcoin was anonymous, which is why so many sources want their customers to use it. Thanks for the heads up.

6. brutus79

brutus79 Member

It's anonymous-ish
    Your average Leo would not be able to trace it, and the people who can trace it don't care about tracing a guy buying a couple dozen vials of test... but it's all there for the person with the know how and determination.

There are more private coins... but what fucks you every time is buying the bitcoin.

7. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Haven't tried Bitcoin yet but I may in the future. Seen a few people say they bought a certain amount of coins and when they went to use them on a purchase the price of the coin fell and they had to add more money.

8. brutus79

brutus79 Member

Those are the breaks... but most sources will honor the price you purchased the btc at- the transaction is timestamped and the price is on the blockchain for all eternity.

9. proken

proken Member

The blockchain was created to keep track of transactions. VERY far from anonymous. It's all about "open ledger" accounting. Trustless. No single server. It would make it impossible to change any chained transactions, ever.

10. Rosconow

Rosconow Member

Yes, it can be volatile thats for sure. If youre not going to buy and hold or any length of time, have your vendors wallet addy at the ready and when you "purchase" the btc, go directly to vendors wallet. Thats what to do to avoid valuation swings.

11. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Thanks for the info

12. sinewave3

sinewave3 Member

Anyone know when this goes live? I think it’s going to be called Bakkt

13. Mayne

Mayne Member

November and trading on 12 December.

sinewave3 and DrinkFlintWater like this.
  14. DrinkFlintWater

DrinkFlintWater Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Yes, Bakkt- as @Mayne said; 12/12

sinewave3 and Mayne like this.