No longer responding to hcg?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by CHAPS, Feb 2, 2014.

1. CHAPS

CHAPS Junior Member

I was wondering if any of you have dealt with this issue? I have been on testosterone for 4 years, cycling up and down during that time, I stayed on mainly because it cured my depression/anxiety.. For the past year my sex drive has tanked, erections are awful, etc. Normally I could run hcg every couple of months or even skip a few weeks of shots and run clomid and my testicles would return to their normal size.

I went back on the testosterone (125mg/week), to keep my sanity as I moved and my new doctor treated me like a drug addict and wanted me to do nothing and let my body recover :confused:. Anyways hcg always brought my testicles back to normal, now I will still get the feelings of well being but I don't notice much if any size increase (500iu's twice a week) No morning erections, nothing. I have two appointments with hrt clinics here in Canada but I'm looking at 5 months as the quickest I can get in.

When I went off for 8 months I did 2000iu's hcg eod for 10 shots total, 50mg clomid ed for 30 days, then remained on 25mg clomid for the remainder of the 8 months. No erections in that time, oddly enough DAA helped me feel better, but still no erections, pretty much just falling apart. Sorry for the rant, I'm just frustrated.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  2. Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

Without labs, subjective reports are almost of no import. Further, your report that DAA was helpful is clear speculation.

3. CHAPS

CHAPS Junior Member

testosterone 26.9 (8.4-28.8nmol/L)
    Free testosterone: 65.6 (31.0-94.0pmol/L)
    Free t4: 15 (9-23 pmol/L)
    TSH: 2.21 (0.30-4.00miu/L)
    Free t3: 5.0 (3.5-6.5pmol)
    Estradiol-17 beta: <70 (<150pmol/L)

And agreed, DAA could very well have been placebo. I should mention that do have hypothyroid symptoms, I've been supplementing with iodine, selenium and b100 and I have noticed some improvement but not enough. I actually used T3 for a week to see if I felt a change, my joints felt a lot better, mood was much better, my memory was better, thinking was clearer,morning erections were better, sex drive was better, but after a week or so the effect diminished. I'm thinking thyroid/adrenals could be my issue. My current doctor is a friend and willing to do bloodwork and let me continue the testosterone use till I get into a clinic.

4. kenseth17cd

kenseth17cd Member

Labs look great to me unless I'm missing something.

Michael Scally MD likes this.
  5. CHAPS

CHAPS Junior Member

Ya I'm kind of at a loss here, as on paper it looks good. Any suggestions, further bloodwork etc would be most appreciated.

6. Cyberwolf

Cyberwolf Junior Member

I am confused ,These is your labs without TT?

7. CHAPS

CHAPS Junior Member

This is 125mg test e, split into 2 shots a week, but my sex drive in non existent, once in a while i'll get a little surge where it picks up for a day then back to nothing. I know I could use my dht, vitamin d, prolactin and further thyroid testing, but I may have to wait as even my family doctor is only willing to test so far.