not getting a pump on leg day.

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by stevonov, May 11, 2018.

1. stevonov

stevonov Member

Am I subconsciously half assing legs or is it harder to get a pump going in bigger muscle groups like quads? get best pumps on chest and tris. those are my two favorite muscle groups to hit. am I working them harder or do they just respond better. feel like intensity is the same.

2. spiffy0

spiffy0 Member

ronnie coleman used to get a disgusting amount of pump in his legs. its all about doing a massive amount of reps

3. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Focus on squeezing the muscle and not just moving the weight

Let's take squats for example....3 seconds down, no pause at parallel immediately come up and come up 85% of the way and immediately go back down, no rest. Do 6x20 here... Let me know how the pump is

Leg press, same thing but add bands

4. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Lol, no pump in legs.

Throw an intensity day in once a week if you want to but you want a pump? Volume as stated above.

I like getting my hams warmed up before hitting quads when I do volume. Been digging on some Meadows training for legs.

5. Think @Evom1 hit the nail on the head with this one. Also as @ickyrica stated I also pick a hamstring exercise to warm up with. Look into some of John Meadows training techniques and exercise implementation for legs. He has plenty of videos on YouTube and there’s tons of information you can find out about some of the routines. Incorporating drop sets, iso holds, exercise sequence all plays a bit of a part as a whole.

Personally just using a weight that’s challenging but I can comfortably work through the ROM of the exercise and feel the slow eccentrics (3-5 seconds) and be able to also get hard contractions out of each rep as well. Hack squat variations, Smith machine/barbell squats, leg press variations, Smith machine lunges, Bulgarian Squats, kettlebell/dumbbell Squats (throw a 5lb plate under your heels to emphasize quads) ...
    Two warm up of 15 then get three good working sets building up in weight and work up to your 4th set. Hit a set of 10, drop weight and get 10 more, drop one more time for a final 10, and if you really wanna feel the pain throw 10 partials in the end. Can use this technique for damn near any of those exercises bro and if your not feeling the pump after that well then..... idfk. Haha.

DrankSlangin and Logan44551 like this.
  6. stevonov

stevonov Member

I will try all these suggestions thanks.

Oldschool likes this.
  7. Ironlord

Ironlord Member

You want a pump? Take a weight you can normally only get 10 reps with and do breathing squats for sets of 20..

Xlgx likes this.