opinions for being short on one macro

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by macabremitch, Mar 20, 2018.

1. macabremitch

macabremitch Member

what do you guys think about being short on one of your macros for the day.

for instance today, im about 40 grams short on fat and wondering the importance of reaching that goal. i’m currently cutting so obviously if my goal were to bulk i would definitely need enough fats but that’s not the case here.

does it rly matter, as long as i reach my protein for the day? could this effect me negatively? i can slam some peanut butter so that’s not the issue but just curious if i need to.

same thing for carbs, being short during a cut make a huge different?

thanks for the help fellows. trying to get this diet on point

2. spiffy0

spiffy0 Member

for one day? its not the end of the world but its not good. you still need fat on a cut, all of your macros are important. like you said, you can just slam some peanut butter and hit your macros that way. carbs are even worse, if youre cutting youre already gonna be low on carbs. without enough carbs your glycogen will deplete and then you wont even be able to utilize protein. not to mention youll have shit energy for working out. hit your macros man, diet is key

3. macabremitch

macabremitch Member

no doubt, more curious as to why it’s important though. considering if you’re tryin to lose extra body fat and keep your fat intake low(extra low in this case) wouldn’t your body just use the extra stored fat instead of the fat consumed?

spiffy0 likes this.
  4. spiffy0

spiffy0 Member

right, thats why its not that big of a deal if you miss it one day. thats a slippery slope though. one day becomes two, two becomes four, before you know it your diet was fucked for an entire week and your results suffer

Fats provide energy
    Gram for gram fats are the most efficient source of food energy. Each gram of fat provides nine calories of energy for the body, compared with four calories per gram of carbohydrates and proteins.

Fats build healthy cells
    Fats are a vital part of the membrane that surrounds each cell of the body. Without a healthy cell membrane, the rest of the cell couldn’t function.

Fats build brains
    You need fats because provides the structural components not only of cell membranes in the brain, but also of myelin, the fatty insulating sheath that surrounds each nerve fiber, enabling it to carry messages faster.

Fats help the body use vitamins
    Vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat-soluble vitamins, meaning that the fat in foods helps the intestines absorb these vitamins into the body.

Fats make hormones
    Fats are structural components of some of the most important substances in the body, including prostaglandins, hormone-like substances that regulate many of the body’s functions. You need fats because they regulate the production of sex hormones, which explains why some teenage girls who are too lean experience delayed pubertal development and amenorrhea.

Fat provides healthier skin
    One of the more obvious signs of fatty acid deficiency is dry, flaky skin. In addition to giving skin its rounded appeal, the layer of fat just beneath the skin (called subcutaneous fat) acts as the body’s own insulation to help regulate body temperature. Lean people tend to be more sensitive to cold; obese people tend to be more sensitive to warm weather.

Fat forms a protective cushion for your organs
    Many of the vital organs, especially the kidneys, heart, and intestines are cushioned by fat that helps protect them from injury and hold them in place. (True, some of us “overprotect” our bodies.) As a tribute to the body’s own protective wisdom, this protective fat is the last to be used up when the body’s energy reserves are being tapped into.

Why You Need Fats | Ask Dr Sears

macabremitch and MisterSuperGod like this.
  5. PaulHeyman

PaulHeyman Member

Shot of olive oil

macabremitch likes this.
  6. macabremitch

macabremitch Member

cool thanks for the info. trying to get this macro thing down, lots of trial and error for me.

7. macabremitch

macabremitch Member

right, getting the fats in wasn’t the issue just curious if there was any benefits or harm keep fat intake on the lower side for cutting

8. Eman

Eman Member

It really doesn't matter... As long as you're getting some healthy fats and still hitting your overall calorie goals you should be fine. As long as it's not way off on a consistent basis... Like 200 grams of fat when your goal was 80 or something but still hitting your calories lol. (Unlikely, but just an example.)

macabremitch likes this.
  9. showstoppa

showstoppa Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Despite what most will say

Meet calorie goal
    Meet protein goal
    Fill the rest of your calories up with whatever you like.

Is the above perfect? Nope
    Is it optimal? Nope
    Will you get shredded as fuck if you stay in the deficit and keep protein high enough to maintain muscle mass? Fucking right you will.

macabremitch likes this.