Overpopulation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael Scally MD, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD-yN2G5BY0]The Science of Overpopulation - YouTube[/ame]

2. boxer15

boxer15 Member

Yeah, there going have send people to a different planet soon or maybe a zombie apocalypse will happen and kill the majority. Realisticly though wwIII is coming.

3. 54chev

54chev Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

There needs to be a ban on having a child for some period of time, if not only to help the economy or give time to catch up with ourselves or at the very least 2 children per couple until there is some leveling out of the current population..unrealistic & controversial i know, but would be greatly beneficial and a huge step forward..

4. BBC3

BBC3 Member

Or.... We could just open a season on WOMEN... :eek: JK..

For the US we can relax soon as when the BabyBoomers kick it - its gonna be a new market all together. A lot of liquid will be freed up and you will witness an experiment in science where it all turns to GAS (smoke) faster than before in history. That is if the wise ass vultures don't pick it all off their crusty old bones before they are even dead. You wanna talk ZOMBIES. There they are...! Ain't it amazing the price we will pay for simple ATTENTION...! The Bad newz is to attempt to free up that much liquid at once - WILL HAVE interesting MARKET Implications...

On a world basis, the good news is that THEY are all in "one spot". Pack Animals we are indeed. The BAD news is that they are all in one spot. The deal breaker is that there are so many societies yet to have their "industrial revolutions" that it will be one.. Its one thing to stamp yur foot down and say "hell no biocccheee - You aint gettin no fukin nukes..!" Its another to say "you aint getting no car on your 16th..!" What will be interesting is to see WHEN the NOTIONS of GREED and PROFIT TAKING will cease in the interest of EARTH and its ANIMALS. Cause if HUMANITY has anything to say about it - it will stop when the last breath of air remains. And then they will ALL POINT FINGERS for whatever 5 seconds they have left... LOL:D

5. sebas1231

sebas1231 Member

Not all countries are overpopulated. So I think it's just a matter of time before a ban comes for the countries that are having too many children

6. Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nvdeEi2mEc]Don't Panic - The Truth About Population - YouTube[/ame]

7. kawilt

kawilt Member

I lived in the keys for awhile a long time ago, in key Largo and Key West. I'd drive up to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale once and a while and be so relieved to get back down in the keys where I felt I had some room. Two lanes along highway 1, very little traffic. The only way to fly down there was a twin engine commercial flight into Marathon and Key West. To make a long story short. I drove down to Marathon last week and it was bumper to bumper all the way down and all the way back. People everywhere, bill boards, tourist shops, fast foods. Too many GD people............ everywhere.

Michael Scally MD likes this.
  8. cvictorg

cvictorg Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/14/opinion/overpopulation-is-not-the-problem.html?_r=0

The planet’s carrying capacity for prehistoric human hunter-gatherers was probably no more than 100 million. But without their Paleolithic technologies and ways of life, the number would be far less — perhaps a few tens of millions. The rise of agriculture enabled even greater population growth requiring ever more intensive land-use practices to gain more sustenance from the same old land. At their peak, those agricultural systems might have sustained as many as three billion people in poverty on near-vegetarian diets.

The world population is now estimated at 7.2 billion. But with current industrial technologies, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations has estimated that the more than nine billion people expected by 2050 as the population nears its peak could be supported as long as necessary investments in infrastructure and conducive trade, anti-poverty and food security policies are in place. Who knows what will be possible with the technologies of the future? The important message from these rough numbers should be clear. There really is no such thing as a human carrying capacity. We are nothing at all like bacteria in a petri dish.

Why is it that highly trained natural scientists don’t understand this? My experience is likely to be illustrative. Trained as a biologist, I learned the classic mathematics of population growth — that populations must have their limits and must ultimately reach a balance with their environments. Not to think so would be to misunderstand physics: there is only one earth, of course!

flenser and Michael Scally MD like this.
  9. kawilt

kawilt Member

Don't like to think about all this. I can't imagine the type of restrictions, surveillance, authority, total control and overbearing dominance a one world government will have to have when, and if, we could ever reach a "balance" with what's left of our environment. How many rivers have we seen disappear or become open sewers, how many life forms have we been the direct or indirect cause of extinction. I really can't understand or conceive of what a human "balance" with it's environment would be. Just how in the hell do we begin to put a stop, if even possible, to the madness on this planet.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014