Overtraining or just being a pussy?!

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by GdaddyGains, May 19, 2020.

1. GdaddyGains

GdaddyGains Member

I would like to get some input from the group on how they know if they are over trained.

What markers are you looking for? So you feel beat down and worn out....does that mean I need a rest day or I just had an excellent workout and need to hit it again tomorrow?

I struggle with this balancing act of training hard or overtraining.

2. Tiredandhot

Tiredandhot Member

As someone who experienced long term overtraining that took years to recover fully from, i can share what I remember. Mine was strictly from too much running and not lifting.

Extended muscle soreness.
    Sleep disruptions, waking up multiple times and problems falling asleep.
    Increased resting heart rate.
    Mental fatigue, serious burnt out.
    Felt stressed out, would get worked up very easily by work or other life stresses.

It can be a factor from too much training alone, however your diet or food intake, other life commitments, stress outside of the gym, rest days all need to be considered.

eery, Barny and S317 like this.
  3. S317

S317 Member

What I’ll usually notice is tendinitis, lots of inflammation, sore joints, lethargy and strength stalling or loss of strength. Almost feeling hung over and craving more junk food than usual. I also tend to get very irritable and unmotivated.

4. Barny

Barny Member

Definitely sleep issues, I'd have such light sleep that someone shutting a car door in the street would wake me up. Also had serious stress issues. Probably linked to the lack of sleep. But yeah, overall fatigue was a big problem.