Performance on HCG vs TRT

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by b4554, Feb 20, 2008.

b4554

b4554 Junior Member

Why does hcg increase sexual desire and performance better than test replacement at any dose alone? I read somewhere that HCG causes release of some 17 different hormones. Which of these affects ED most?

rick055

rick055 Junior Member

I've never heard that and might be willing to bet it's wrong. I think ounce for ounce (or cc per iu:)) test would be more effective at restoring sex drive as monotherapy.

b4554

b4554 Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I use both together, but having used test alone, then along with hcg, I've noticed it's the HCG that gives much more of the desired benefits and I've read some others say the same thing. I'm wondering what all the HCG makes you produce besides test?

bigbench

bigbench Member

The hcg forces the body to produce its own test, so you have your natural production PLUS the synthetic form coming in. Also, you will have an abundance of FREE test floating around which is actually more important than the AMOUNT of test in the body

MacDonnell

MacDonnell Junior Member

I am definitely one of the guys who gets a bigger libido boost from HCG (than from test). I know exactly what you mean. Plymouth City knows a good amount about this stuff and will hopefully chime in. Like bigbench said, HCG stimulates your body's own test production. Along with that comes an influx of other natural substances which pure exogenous test. just doesn't provide. All of this helps your body to be better balanced which should ultimately improve your sex drive. I notice that after my second weekly HCG shot, I generally have really good wood all night long. This trails off until my next set of shots. Also, my dick looks alot bigger/fuller in the flaccid state after the HCG shots.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
    rick055

rick055 Junior Member

I apologize. After rereading your initial post, I thought your question was which would work better as monotherapy.

The reason i said I thought test would be better as monotherapy is because many don't seem to do so well on hcg only; they can only get their levels so high.

Correctly understanding the question, I think the answer is that, for many, adding HCG to your TRT not only stimulates LH receptors, it backfills some of the metabolic pathways (like pregnenolone production) which are interrupted by TRT.

HeadDoc

HeadDoc Psychologist; Super Moderator

good points Rick

b4554

b4554 Junior Member

Thanks guys.... so adding pregnenolone cream might afford me some of the same benefits hcg provides?

I guess I am looking to pinpoint all the byproducts (besides test) of HCG useage that give the libido boost so that we can supplement those items in too ad maybe (hopefully) amplify the effect.

Thanks again

HeadDoc

HeadDoc Psychologist; Super Moderator

HCG is an LH analogue. It may raise pregnenolone somewhat--not as much as pregnenolone by itself. Pregnenolone is not an LH analogue.

b4554

b4554 Junior Member

I understand Pregnenolone is the precursor for a range of hormones and LH stimulated the testis to produce testosterone, but thank you for your reply. Let me rephrase the question: Specifically what else besides testosterone does your body produce while on hcg?

Rick - can you please shed some light on the other metabolic pathways?

Thanks guys :D

JanSz

JanSz Junior Member

Pathways are here:
    ExPASy - Biochemical Pathways

May want to start here

Biochemical Pathways - Map No. G9 H9

click at tabs in the middle of edges to move around.

b4554

b4554 Junior Member

Thanks Jan :) You always have great info and links, but could you possibly translate that chart somewhat in regards to my previous question for someone much less knowledgable than you? Where does hcg start on there? THANK YOU!!!!! :D

JanSz

JanSz Junior Member

The chart is about metabolic pathways.

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.