Pinched Nerve in Neck - Atrophy in right Tricep/Pec/Lat

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Forum' started by Tremonti, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Tremonti

Tremonti Member

About a year ago I noticed that my bench started getting un-even in that my right side was trailing and making the bar not level. I just thought it needed a break and took some time off. Nothing changed and then started noticing atrophy in the right triceps/pec/lat.

It's not ALS or anything like that. I got an MRI and they showed a slight bulge in the C6-7 disc. I have zero pain and can still lift, but it is hurting my bench/chest exercises and pullups/back exercises. The atrophy has not progressed and things have stayed same.

Question: Has anyone had this occur and bounced back from it? If so what did you do and how long did it take?

2. Tremonti

Tremonti Member

Anyone?

3. ErikR

ErikR Member

I had a pinced nerve in my lower back which caused my left leg to numb on one side. I went to a chiropractor and it went away . This was 10 years ago. Now im getting it in my neck which is causing tigling in my thumb when i look down too long. Im going to go back to the same guy to see if it will help this time.

4. elgriff

elgriff Member

Wow, time is your only answer a long with getting the bulge under control. And stop going heavy when your able to work out. I had c4 c5 c6 pinched nerv. Side delt, lat. Tricep. Forearm with tingling in fingers.

5. maulerusa

maulerusa Junior Member

I had the exact thing only on my left side. C7 foranium pinching a nerve. Lost strength in my left tricep, pec, and a good bit of atrophy...I had an ortho consult that recommended surgery, but I chose to let it heal on its own. its been a year, and while ive regained the mass, my strength on that side is still somewhat diminished. when I train chest now I have to use unilateral pressing machines. it can take the nerve a long time to fully regenerate.

elgriff likes this.
  6. Tremonti

Tremonti Member

Thanks for responses. Anyone else?