Please help me interpert these blood results

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by The_Skeptic, Oct 13, 2007.

1. The_Skeptic

The_Skeptic Junior Member

I had taken a testosterone shot the day before the test, so my test is a little high, but I did that on purpose to see where it would put my test levels.

I am a curious about my extremely low TSH because I had been on Armour for almost two months but I did not take any that morning.

I took the test at 10 a.m., so I'm curious if it's normal for someone who supposedly has adrenal fatigue to have cortisol levels at 13.5.

My E2 levels continue to be low even though I've cut back dramatically on the arimidex.

And I'm wondering what the low Vitamin D and low Ferritin means.

I had never tested for Insulin-like growth factor, but I'm not surprised that it came in low. I wonder if that is the reason why I feel like shit much of the time.

Sodium, serum -------------------------- 134 ( 135 - 148 mmol/L)

Insulin-like Growth Factor I --------------------------- 100 (109 - 284 ng/mL)

Interleukin-6 (IL-6) ----------------------------------- 3.7 (0 - 14 pg/mL)

TSH --------------------------------------------- 0.011 (.35 - 5.5 uIU/mL)

Thyroxine (T4) ------------------------------------ 9.5 (4.5 - 12 ug/dL)

Free Thyroxine (T4) ------------------------------- 1.56 (.61 - 1.76 ng/dL)

Free Triiodothyronine (t3) -------------------------- 8 (2.3 - 4.2 pg/mL)

T3 Uptake ----------------------------------- 35 % (24-39 %)

Reverse T3-------------------- 336 (90 - 350 pg/mL)

Cortisol ----------------------------------- 13.5 (3.1 - 22.4 ug/dL)

Total Testosterone ------------------------- 883 (241 - 827 ng/dL)

Free Testosterone -------------------- 29.6 (8.7 - 25.1 pg/mL)

DHT ------------------- 153 ng/dL (no range provided)

E2 ------------------------------ <10 (0 - 53 pg/mL)

SHBG ----------------------------------- 19 (13 - 71 nmol/L)

Ferritin ------------------------------ 26 (22 - 322 ug/dL)

Antithyroglobulin AB -------------------------- <20 (0 - 40 IU/mL)

Vitamin D ---------------------------------- 14.2 (32 - 100 ng/mL)

PSA -------------------------------------- 2 (0 - 4 ng/mL)

Free PSA ----------------------------------------- 15% (no range given)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  2. swordfish

swordfish Junior Member

Hey Bro - I can't comment on your results, but curious how you are feeling?

I wish my test was up in that range :) Are you getting any sides from the test such as acne or bloating? Still working with Dr. M or no?

I stopped taking test cream as it took my test levels from 300 to 410.. that sucked.. So if i go back on test, I will def do injections.

3. The_Skeptic

I've never really gotten acne from test and I'm not really sure about the bloating. I have gained about 20 pounds since last year, but I really haven't felt the need to buy larger pants, so the extra weight doesn't seem to be accumulating in the mid-section.

I'm not going back to Dr. M. He's too expensive and unobtainable. And I didn't like the fact that he didn't write me a script for test even though I've been on it for 12 years.

4. The_Skeptic

As far as my test being that high, I really don't have a strong libido or feeling of well-being.

5. SPE

SPE Junior Member

Yes, your cortisol is low even for 10am. This shows with your Free t3 as it's pooling in the blood from lack of cortisol. To be sure, you should try and get an ACTH Stim test. It should test baseline cortisol and DHEA, and then values at 30 minutes and 60 minutes. If it doubles or more, you are probably secondary.

6. cjones

cjones Junior Member

I have a total T in the 800/900+ range and have never taken roids or been on TRT - and feel hypogonadal as anyone here. An erection is now a foreign language....

Isocort is helping my wellbeing and mental clarity but I have absolutely no sex drive. Its a nightmare. I am worried I will never have the symptoms of high T again with sex always on the mind, uncontrollable libido etc - Its no life without it

Do you still need to take arimidex with E2 being that low? This is just as bad as too high

You need a stim test with your basal cortisol to confirm your adrenal dyfunction I would imagine - I increased about 12% so basically the gland is not putting out. I had pooling normal thyroid hormone readings because of this

What dose of HC and Armour are you on?

7. The_Skeptic

I take about 180 mg of Armour a day, starting with 60 mg in the morning followed by two 60 mg doses throughout the day.

I take between 20-30 mg of hydrocortisone a day as well. I initially started low on this but it seems to help if I take more.

I have taken Arimidex only a few times since early August, usually when I felt a throbbing sensation in my nipple.

I am surprised that my E2 is still this low.

8. JanSz

JanSz Junior Member

Drop Arimidex, you are killing your E2.
    Get Liquidex, so you have it fo (possibly next time).
    Note how much Arimidex were you taking (for the record.
    You are not taking enough Testosterone.
    SHBG=19
    Table in post #40
    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007 - Page 2
    Use 135mg/week
    Use e3d schedule
    On same day use hcg 500iu
    If you want to be theorethical, use hcg day before or two day before.
    You are using too much Armour, easy out a little.
    Add Synthroid T4.
    Get vitamin D3
    Vitamin D3, 5,000 Iu 60 Capsules
    Vitamin D3
    5,000 IU, 60 capsules
    Item Catalog Number: 713
    Latter, after testing you may want to easy little and use
    Vitamin D3, 1000 Iu 250 Capsules
    Vitamin D3
    1000 IU, 250 capsules
    Item Catalog Number: 251
    Do not touch your DHT, just keep usit injected T.
    There are other things you may want to test.
    Look at my post #44 for ideas.

You may want to use
    Himalayan Crystal Salt - Fine Granulated *The Original*
    https://www.visualedgedesign.com/secureshop/shopping.asp?action=showproduct&group=ASALT&sub=0&show=

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  9. JanSz

JanSz Junior Member

Stop wasting money on TSH testing when you are supplying Armour and T4

10. pmgamer18

pmgamer18 Member

Here is a link for you to read showing you what you could be doing to your self having E2 levels this low.
    Estrogen Deficiency in Men Is a Challenge for Both the Hypothalamus and Pituitary -- Vanderschueren and Bouillon 85 (9): 3024 -- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism
    Stop taking arimidex until you get some wood back.

Your Sodium being this low If I were you I would have my Aldosterone and Renie checked. Do you feel hot and sweat easy. Most of us with low cortisol levels are finding we have this other problem. Here is a link about the test.
    Real Thyroid Help Forums :: View topic - My explaination of low aldosterone in hypopituitarism
    Near the bottom of the link they talk about it.
    Adrenal Glands

Your Cotisol test is no good your on HC and would need to come off it slow and be off it 2 weeks to do a good test on Cortisol or even do a ACTH Stim. test.

TSH is like LH when you go on TRT your LH goes down because your brain sees the testosterone in your blood and stops sending the LH to your Testis to make more Testosterone. Same thing happens with TSH when your on Armour. Your brain sees the added Thyroid's in the blood and stops sending the TSH to your Thyroid.

Your FT3 is way to high and your only doing 3 grains a day. Try cutting back a .5 grain.

Your Ferritin is low and you need to adderss this read this link.
    Stop The Thyroid Madness Ferritin and hypothyroid

Your Total and Free T need to be tested now the day of your next shot to see how low you go.

DHT look good.

Your SHBG can come when you bring your E2 back up you need your E2 at about 20 pg/ml.

Anitihyroglobulin shows you don't have Hashimotos thyroiditis.

Your Vitamin D is low and can be a cause of bone disease or Hypercalcemia. Do you get enough Sun Might want to check this out:
    Midday Sun is Good for Health

11. JanSz

JanSz Junior Member

12. The_Skeptic

I thought that if one's SHBG is low, you needed to cut back on testosterone. Or maybe just cut the doses in half and take it more often.

13. JanSz

JanSz Junior Member

The amount of Testosterone one need depends on SHBG level (and little bit on Albumin).
    With the same goal of FreeT, say 300 or 250, person with smaller SHBG would require less testosterone injections than one with higher SHBG.

I have modified table in my post #40

it gives required weekly dose of testosterone when SHBG level is known.
    I used two values of FreeT, 300 (dr Delgado) and 250 (dr Shippen).

Tables are hard to post, and this table is little inconvenient to read.
    I plan on re-doing it and post it as a picture attachment.
    I will add columns for E3D and E2D schedules.

14. The_Skeptic

I have to admit I am very confused by that graph as well as those links in post # 40.

My SHBG was 19 (13-71 nmo/L), which is extremely low, but my Total Test and Free Test were over the range:

Total Testosterone ------------------------- 883 (241 - 827 ng/dL)

Free Testosterone -------------------- 29.6 (8.7 - 25.1 pg/mL)

So if I increase my Test to 135 mg a week, wouldn't this push Total Test and Free Test even higher and SHBG even lower?

15. plymouth city

plymouth city Junior Member

Absolutely.

I do not buy into JansZ and others suggestions for adjusting T dose with SHBG level.

This is because as one increases T, SHBG decreases anyways. It will be a never ending cycle of adjustments. T will just continue to go up and up and SHBG will go down even further.

Note that people with low SHBG often have mental issues such as severe depression.

Stinging Nettle is a safe and effective way to decrease SHBG. Always use LEF brand.

To bring SHBG up, simple cut back on any type of AI you are taking such as arimidex.

16. pmgamer18

pmgamer18 Member

It has been my Dr.'s goal to get my SHBG down now it's 20 and my Dr. says this is dam good. Dr. John did tell me with a lower SHCG you need your E2 lower I was keeping it at 20 now keep it between 10 to 15 and I feel better.

17. pmgamer18

pmgamer18 Member

Your best bet is to get your T levels and E2 where you feel best and let SHBG fall when it goes and don't worry about it. All this stuff about lab ranges is bull what works for one is not good for the other.

18. pmgamer18

pmgamer18 Member

Your right but why do we need to adjuist SHBG levels if one is doing good at there T and E2 levels. Makes not sense to me once we have a good level of T's and E2 where we feel good the rest will follow later it all takes time. Unless you have something wrong that is making your SHBG go to low.

19. plymouth city

plymouth city Junior Member

I totally agree - I say get TT and E2 in line and let SHBG fall where it may :)

I was just pointing out options for what to do if SHBG is a problem.

20. The_Skeptic

The problem is that I still feel like shit on many days and libido is very unpredictable. Obviously, the problem is not with my total or free testosterone levels.

Perhaps I need to let my E2 build up again. However, even when it was higher, I still didn't feel all that great.

I am beginning to think that the issue could be my low Growth Hormone level.