POSING!

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Forum' started by Mac11wildcat, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I wanted to start this thread for all the competitors here as i see so little time spent on this art. I’m not the best in the world but better than most. Also have contacts that would be happy to take people on as posing clients before they get on stage.

Don’t diet your ass off and look like a football humping primate trying to show off your physique.

I’m working a routine for a local guy now that I’ll post when it’s complete. I’ll toss a couple stills up as well. For now, this’ll go where it may.

2. Keepittight

Keepittight Member

I love this thread.

3. jaymaximus

jaymaximus Member

In

4. Evom1

Evom1 Member

You're making a lot of friends very quickly here

5. Mac11wildcat

I’m glad I have something more to add than the standard “here’s my cycle, help?” And “which source is gtg?” Lol.

If someone can benefit off what I’ve done, am doing, or can speak to; all the better. posing is also ignored so often I have trouble watching some shows. Even pro contests. Such a shame.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    J DUGIN, Tom and Keepittight like this.
  6. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Posing is something I need to improve on. I've planned to go down and work with Kenny at some point

7. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Lat spread and most muscular are my favorites

8. Mac11wildcat

If you’re anywhere northeast of NY make a trip over to me first and maybe save yourself time and money. I’m going to keep my words mostly to myself on him, but wasn’t impressed by the posing of his clients that I competed against at all. It’s always up to the client to execute but, meh.

9. Mac11wildcat

I hope if anyone recognizes this competitors they realize I’m not shit talking him. He’s a good dude. Just backing my statement:

Who looks like they went to a posing coach and who didn’t:

Attached Files:

FourOneDeuxFitt likes this.
  10. Mac11wildcat

My strongest and weakest poses in that order.

11. Keepittight

Keepittight Member

Clearly guy on the left.

12. Mac11wildcat

Top photo the guy on the left is the client of the posing coach were discussing. Middle and bottom photo he’s on the right. Posing is subjective obviously but I’d argue his poses are the worse of the two in each photo.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  13. Keepittight

Keepittight Member

Okay that doesn't look like a very good posing coach than.

14. JackSmooth

JackSmooth Member

Most people would pose better than that without a coach. You think he could look in the mirror and realize he’s doing something wrong especially if you look at photos of successful body builders.

Mac11wildcat likes this.
  15. D-max

D-max Member

The thing we dont know is how many sessions he had, was his posing the way he was told, or did he not get it?

I personally think he is very good, but 3 sessions isnt going to make you a great poser. It takes alot of time and practice.

16. Mac11wildcat

He’s a multi-time national competitor.

I really am not talking shit on him at all. He’s a good guy. Enjoyed competing with him twice. There are plenty more examples. Again, it’s subjective. Kenny’s client list includes many pros. Just here for my opinion like the rest of us.

17. D-max

D-max Member

I was talking about Kenny being very good. But, my opinion may be jaded as I'm married to one of his clients.

18. Mac11wildcat

As with anything in BB to each his own. I could’ve just seen people who didn’t pay for enough sessions. I’d never tell anyone not to try him. I don’t think there are absolutes in this game. Maybe kenny’s talents are just wasted on those without some base posing skill.

19. Mac11wildcat

If any competitors want to throw up some photos of their poses for critique I’m all for it (@Evom1, @ForeverSmall i know you guys mentioned competing relatively soon). Be happy to post my cues for each pose but ideally they’re individual to maximize the pose for a specific physique.

I’d also encourage anyone who cares about bodybuilding and posing to keep an eye on Alyssa Keissling (@theclassicalqueen on Instagram). She’s a new women’s IFBB pro who is one of if not the best female poser I’ve ever seen.

20. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Thanks man. I definitely feel I could learn a tremendous amount from you.