Attention Guest: Please make sure that you are using a unique password to login to MESO. If you have used your MESO password on another website, change it immediately. You should NEVER share the same login credentials on multiple websites.

Posting photos

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by ronin17, Dec 15, 2016.

1. ronin17

ronin17 Member

how do you crop and post photos while still being anonymous. I have heard photos leave a digital trail?

2. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Are you on an Android phone? Mine has an edit option when I'm viewing photos. Either crop it or black out your face and tattoos if you have them.

I not 100% sure on this, but I believe this forum is set up so the data from photos is wiped when they're posted. I've heard that said before anyway.

3. ronin17

ronin17 Member

Thanks man. Ill try that. I thought you needed a special program or something.

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  4. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

You shouldn't for basic cropping or blacking out stuff if your phone isn't extremely old.

5. ronin17

ronin17 Member

I figured out how to black out my face but once I go into a thread and try to upload a file it tells me my app wont allow it?

6. ronin17

ronin17 Member

I have the photo then I hit upload, choose file, then I cant upload it to the thread. What am I doing wrong?

7. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I've never had mine say that. What exactly does it say? Might be your privacy settings.

Maybe try using an image hosting site like Imgur and then copying the address and using the option for linking a picture.

8. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

I have had this problem with my android before. For some reason when you edit photots it gets weird about uploading them, i usually take a screenshot of the edited photo and it should let you upload that no problem.

9. ronin17

ronin17 Member

it's seriously pissing me off. I can edit photo, find photo file but it stops there.
    There is a box with my photo and it says close to the right of my photo.

There isnt an enter button or anything. Fucking driving me crazy

10. ronin17

ronin17 Member

I have An iphone. Ill IMG_0094.JPG

Les and Perrin Aybara like this.
  11. ronin17

ronin17 Member

It worked!

insaiyan93 and Perrin Aybara like this.
  12. ronin17

ronin17 Member

Now if I can get it in the right thread. Something is still not working right lol

13. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I feel your pain. I spent an hour last weekend trying to set up a TV at my mom's house to watch a show on Amazon Prime.

14. ronin17

ronin17 Member

Ha ha. I know bro. Thats me too!

15. Photos can include traces that can be used to de-anonymize you. Camera phones are among the worst offenders in this regard, often including GPS coordinates recording where the photo was taken. Software like ExifTool are frequently used to remove this Exif data. Drug vendors on the Darknet have been de-anonymized by photos of their wares they had taken, when they failed to strip out the Exif data, including their GPS coordinates.

See: ExifTool - Wikipedia

Les likes this.
  16. master.on

master.on Member

1 If deleting your face is too troublesome for you, just use a mask, better if it also covers your eyes

2 Use a digital camera and a public/shared computer, like Internet cafes if you can still find them

3 Don't use the same username for selling/shilling as for posting photos/bragging

4 ONLY take pictures with a BLANK WALL behind. Anything else can be used agains you as a court exhibit to prove it is your house, thus likely YOU

Drug dealer busted after posting Facebook selfie of him pushing narcotics | Daily Mail Online

Florida man lists 'drug dealer' as his occupation on arrest report

Real dumb criminal selfies below:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  17. Brutal slin gut.