Prepaid Cards

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by BigNattyDaddy, Jun 29, 2018.

1. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Anybody know if you can still get the prepaid credit cards w/o giving companies your info? I was gonna buy a visa but they wanted my SSN, address, etc.

2. macabremitch

macabremitch Member

if it’s gonna have your name on it they’ll need your info. gift card would be best

MindlessWork and BigNattyDaddy like this.
  3. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Know any that don't need your SSN? Or do they all need that? Cause if they do then there's no point in faking a name or address.

4. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

For reloadable prepaid cards VALID SSN IS required in order to fully activate them. Single use Visa/MC/Amex cards don't need SSN, but limited to $500 max each.

I do notice some stores ask for ID when loading a gift card for more than $100 or if buying more than one.

BigNattyDaddy likes this.
  5. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

6. MindlessWork

Most drug stores should have them.

7. Sdryx

Sdryx Member

If you are trying to use these to purchase bitcoin I can already tell you that coinbase and other services do not accept prepaid credit cards. I actually got banned for it by a different financial service. They sent me an email saying that it was suspicious activity.

8. MindlessWork

Single use cards like Vanilla are treated as credit cards and thus not permitted I am sure. Not sure if any bitcoin exchange will accept them anyhow.

9. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Thanks @Sdryx. Not using for bitcoin though.