Private MD labs, great place and lab results

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by vooch86, Dec 4, 2012.

vooch86

vooch86 Junior Member

I used privatemd labs for the first time yesterday and I was impressed. For simplicity sakes I just purchased the female hormone panel which consisted of Total T, Estradiol, FSH, LH, complete metabolic panel, CBC for $59, I know sounds gay but I asked Dr. Jim if the testing procedure was the same and he assured me it was. So Sunday night late afternoon I ordered it and within and hour I had the lab request in my hand for a Labcorp close to my house, went monday morning for my blood test at around 9:40 AM and had my results back this morning by 9. I didnt really care about the FSH and LH but it came with the test as a package.

I usually have the Estrogen sensitive testing done but again it came with the package, does my e2 seem high based on this result?

Total test 984 358-1198 ng/dl
    Estradiol 40.7 7.6-42.7 pg/ml

idmd

idmd Well-Known Member

That's INCREDIBLY cheep! Nice find!

biceps72

biceps72 Active Member

do you need an MD to request these labs be done??

can one just order these labs be done, have a blood draw, pay your money and get the results? Your primary care physician need not be involved?

the closest to me was a labcorps lab.. Is this the same deal??

LW64

LW64 Well-Known Member

No.

Yes and yes.

Go to their website and you'll see a 'locator' where you enter your zip code and it gives you their closest locations available to you for a blood draw.

vooch86

vooch86 Junior Member

No Doc needed, I thought lots of people knew about this but apparently not. My insurance covers my labs but, I like the fact that I can just order what I want when i want, there are coupons online too. My request for the female hormone panel was $59 but I got an additional 15% off with a coupon. Smoothest transaction ever and like I said really fast turn around, I'm sure there are other tests that take longer but still faster than you would ever get them from your doctor and emailed right to my phone.

biceps72

biceps72 Active Member

what web site do you use???

vooch86

vooch86 Junior Member

privatemdlabs.com

Any comments on the estradiol level in my original post?

Dr JIM

Dr JIM Well-Known Member

The TT:E-2 ratio is much more important and typically hovers around 10:1 for most yet decreases with advancing age yet increases with youthfulness or during cycling. Goodness fella yours is higher than 20:1, now it don't get much
    better than that, unless your cycling?????
    :)

idmd

idmd Well-Known Member

Hmmmm....I'm 37:1 on 150mg/week and no AI with a touch of polycythemia. Is this a reason to back off a little?

vooch86

vooch86 Junior Member

No Sir no cycling for me, actually I think 900+ range it too high for me so I am reducing my dose this week. You have my interest with the T to E ratio, I have been trying to learn about that for a while now but there isn't much info out there on it or very vague info and most either don't know what it is or don"t subscribe to it. Seems like some of the stuff I've read say in your teeens you are more like 40:1?? that sound right? Anyway how is it calculated? Total test divided by estrogen? and if so which estrogen E sensitive or estradiol?

I asked because whenever I have had the e sensitive testing my numbers always come in really low, like single digits low. Anyhow thanks for your input

LW64

LW64 Well-Known Member

I would. Thats a big dose of T.

Cubbie and I both ran our tT in the 900s for a long time and then started to have problems...loss of MW, ED. I'm in the 600s/700s now using about half as much T, and so far it works just as well...maybe better.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    vooch86

vooch86 Junior Member

Still wondering how the T-E ratio is calculated? I agree on the 900 TT sometimes less is more and for me I think that is accurate. So for me when I am higher I always thought it was either estrogen related when I began to have problems or t/e ratio. Bu then I began to learn that too high of T can cause problems similar to too low of T, which begs to question why. Reduction in androgen receptor sensitivity?

LW64

LW64 Well-Known Member

Divide your tT by your E2. Make sure they both have the same units.

vooch86

vooch86 Junior Member

Thanks, but can you do it with any estrogen test or does it have to be a certain one estradiol vs sensitive.

idmd

idmd Well-Known Member

Well that dose equals tT of 750ish 24 hours after injection but because my SHBG is low my fT was 25 (top of the range is 25). I'm going to reduce down to 100mg per week were tT was 600ish and fT was 18.

LW64

LW64 Well-Known Member

I dont think it makes a difference as long as the result is reliable.

Dr JIM

Dr JIM Well-Known Member

IDster
    post them labs mate with units if you will!
    :)

idmd

idmd Well-Known Member

vooch86

vooch86 Junior Member

So using an online conversion calculator and converting my estradiol numbers from pg/ml to ng/dl is equivalent to 4070 ng/dl, dividing my TT by that my ratio is roughly 24:1, from what I've read wouldnt 30:1 or even 40:1 be better. Im asking because I have some ED issues right now and perhaps lowering my estradiol a little would put me in a higher ration, is the correct?

LW64

LW64 Well-Known Member

You have your tT in the 900s and E2 within a couple points of the high end of the lab range. IME, when you're that close to supra (and/or that close to the high end of the lab range for E2), the best thing to do is lower your T dose to get your tT down 100 or 200 points. Your E2 will then adjust itself down and now both values will be less extreme with little or no change in the tT:E2 ratio. If the ratio falls a few points to 20:1, so what?

IMO, except maybe for a brief time when first going on TRT, there is no need to be so close to the supra range. You might actually be supra with those numbers; the lab range is only a general guide and does not provide information on exactly where YOU are.

Lower your dose. Aim for a tT of about 700 or 750. No AI necessary.

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.