progress/training log

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by insaiyan93, Jan 27, 2016.

1. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

This is more for me than anything else so feel free to skip this one altogether. I have a bad habit of not hanging on to pictures so it becomes somewhat difficult for me to really see my progress as it seems that one makes hardly any at all when looking at yourself on a day to day basis. Also, it will give me something to kill a few minutes of extra time everyday.basically just going to post a couple pictures from time to time, and try to keep track of my daily routine while making note of any significant PR's. Again this is mostly for my personal use but feel free to chime in, should you feel the need. Also, I thought this would be an appropriate section to do this, if not I will request it to be switched over.

2. jaymaximus

jaymaximus Member

Aww yeah. In for the pictures ;)

insaiyan93 likes this.
  3. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Well I've been back on the horse for about 7 months now, the first 3 were a little shaky as I was getting back into my grove and I was having trouble getting to the gym on a regular basis due to transportation and living situation. Months 4 and 5 were better, 3-4 days a week, but the last two have been the best, hitting it a solid 5 days a week, would be more but I am unable to go on the weekends due to work/bus schedule.

The picture on the left was taken about 4 months ago, it's the earliest I could find. The first six months I wasn't actively trying to cut, just working out to get stronger and pack on some muscle which I did and managed to lose a little bit of fat in the process. I wasn't paying alot of attention to diet, and I was drinking probably more frequently than I should have. I cut out the drinking a couple months ago but I've just really started paying attention to diet in the last month. So now that I am actively trying to cut down I am doing this so I can look and see progress. Picture on the right was taken like 2 days ago. DEXATI20160125221109.png

The one on the left I was sitting around 330-335 the current one I'm right at about 315. Unfortunately I think my tits are gonna be the last to go as most of the weight was from my stomach area, in the right lighting I can just barely see some obliques popping hahaha

Chelsea2020 and vani11agori11a like this.
  4. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Another current one from a side view. 20160104_131951.jpg

and another that I think really highlights my fat assdedness from before haha
    2016-01-27 00.02.38.png

Like I said I have mostly been focusing on strength which I have seen good gains.

starting I was at 185 bench, 205 squat and 275 deadlift .

am now at 295 bench, 365 squat, 425 deadlift.

still relatively weak but definitely heading in the right direction.

Chelsea2020, OddJob and Seven like this.
  5. Seven

Seven Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

You really just 22??

6. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Yeah man, I'm just a young'n haha

Seven likes this.
  7. Seven

Seven Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Well that's good, you got plenty of time. Stay consistent and you will get where you wanna be. I've read a few of your post and saw some food pics you posted, you seem like a smart kid. Good luck man and I'll be here to help you anyway I can.

Chelsea2020, OddJob, Notits and 4 others like this.
  8. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Yeah I'm in that food section alot as I enjoy cooking maybe as much as I enjoy lifting, The concept of eating right isn't what's difficult for me, just taking the time to have healthy food ready to go was getting me but I'm on top of that now. Unfortunately even the smartest of us can do some do some reeeaaal dumb shit, had I just kept lifting and playing sports when I was younger instead of partying who knows where I'd be now. Past is the past though, I'm doin right now and I'm hell bent on making up for lost time haha.

Thanks for the support and friendly words!

Flex14, NovaFlex, Eman and 1 other person like this.
  9. NovaFlex

NovaFlex Member

i hear you about food prep and having it ready when needed. i love cooking, but having a family makes it difficult to cook enough for myself without it getting eaten, etc. haha

idk if you're into this, but i started really cutting these last few weeks, and myfitnesspal app has been a fucking god-send.

Flex14, Eman and insaiyan93 like this.
  10. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

I actually have that app, it was reccomended to me by another member. Awesome for tracking cals and macros. I think I am gonna imvest in a small kitchen scale too because most of the time I'm just guestimating/eyeballing portion size on stuff like fish and chicken fillets

11. Eman

Eman Member

Well worth the investment! You can get them pretty cheap too. I weigh all my meats out and I was shocked at how bad I was at eyeballing everything when I first started.

12. NovaFlex

NovaFlex Member

yeah, that's a must until you trust your eye measurements. i picked one up for $20. Those two things alone, with cardio, cutting a damn breeze.

Eman likes this.
  13. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

I figured it would be, definitely gonna pick one one up on payday, cuz I'm sure I'm terrible at eyeballing hahaha.

yeah that cardio is gonna be the biggest hump. I enjoy eating well, but I fucking hate cardio, get bored as shit lol. But I'm gonna start going in atleast on the 3 days I have off work and doing cardio in the morning and just going back and doing my real workout later.

Eman likes this.
  14. NovaFlex

NovaFlex Member

Do you workout at home or a gym? I found a stationary bike on Craigslist for $70. i hate cardio too, so i just throw on a YouTube documentary and go tp town for 45 mins. it's just your mindset bro

Prairie Boy and Eman like this.
  15. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

I workout at a gym. That's what makes it kind of a pain cuz I gotta take the bus a half hour each way from my house to the gym and back to my house again. I filed my taxes today though, maybe I'll take a little chunk out of my return and invest in a cheap bike like you did.

16. Eman

Eman Member

Do ten or fifteen minutes of hiit on elliptical after weights. It's quick and effective. I kinda prefer a more relaxed easier pace but if I'm really trying to cut... Hiit is very good to me. Jumping rope in am on empty stomach for just a little while seems to really rev up my metabolism too.

Leancuisine, Seven, Flex14 and 2 others like this.
  17. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Thats what I've been told, but shit I feel like I need to space it out just because at the end of a workout I am fucking dead. I'm not lazy by any means, I leave it all in the gym, when I walk out of the building I'm drenched in sweat, shaky,barely lift my arms type of stuff. I just feel like after all that I would half ass the cardio afterwards.

18. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Shit I'll give it a try and see how it works out though, maybe I will do that on the days I have to work and don't have time to make two trips to the gym,then on the other three days I'll just go with the morning/afternoon cardio/weight training split

Eman likes this.
  19. NovaFlex

NovaFlex Member

i personally do cardio before my workouts. i know the benefits of hiit, but when it comes to cardio, I'd rather take my time and still burn the same amount. that's why I'll bike for 45 mins. it gets my blood flowing without killing me.

and yeah, i nneed to stop being cheap and get a gym membership. i refuse to go tp planet fitness, so my only option is to shll out $40/mo lol.

20. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Yeah fuck planet fatness lol.

He'll I pay 45 bucks a month, the other gym in town is cheaper and closer but it's all brightly lit all the time and jam packed. The one I go to is dark and there's hardly anyone there, and most the people that do go there are older folks and they are usually just on machines and cardio or taking a class so it doesn't affect me. Worth the extra cash imo