Prospective First Cycle: Making an Informed Decision

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by tomsinite, Dec 5, 2018 at 1:42 PM.

1. tomsinite

tomsinite Junior Member

Hello All,

New to the forum and to AAS as well. I will preface by saying that I have thoroughly conducted my own research, and am not looking to be spoon fed.

Current Compostistion:
    23 years old. 6’2 in height
    250 lbs
    Lifting seriously on/off for 6 years.

I have an extremely solid foundation and considered anabolics to further enhance my physique.

I may have gotten ahead of myself and purchased the gear I would need for my prospective cycle.

My research has led me to believe that a moderate Test only cycle will be more than sufficient for a first time. I planned to run Test Cyp at 500mg for 12 weeks. nolva (and clomid if necessary) at standard dosage for pct.

I was nearly ready to pin, but can not justify the potential damage that may be done to my HTPA. I tend to be on the cautious side, and feel that any greater than minimal risk to my endogenous test production, at my age at least, can never be worth it.

SO:

1. I would like to hear from some users who began dosing at my age, or younger, and get some accounts on how they rebounded. How did you justify your own useage?

2. The various protocols for hcg is sporadic at best. Can someone give me some personal insight.

3. Waiting for BASELINE bloods to be returned to me before ANYTHING is administered.

Regardless if I go on or not, I can imagine this forum being extremely helpful to the thousands of men at my age, lurking this site, considering AAS at my age.

Cheers

KetoMuscles and T-Bagger like this.
  2. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member

Solid post guy. Much better than the recent “first cycle, help” stuff.

500mg of T for 12 weeks is perfect, but you want some anti-estrogen on hand; aromasin or arimidex.

1. How you justify it is up to you. My reasons don’t matter to you and yours don’t matter to me. Now that I’m here, I don’t judge anyone’s reasoning. Just know you can’t go back to being natty. You may recover natural function, but you’ll be addicted to the results forever.

2. IMO 250iu 2x per week while on cycle and continued through to end of pct (~4wks-ish after last pin). Someone else may provide further insight. I’m no pro there.

3. Yes, excellent start.

PrinceLambo and tomsinite like this.
  3. Big_paul

Big_paul Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Train natural a few more years to give yourself the opportunity to become more knowledgeable.

4. ironwill1951

ironwill1951 Member

if your unsure don't do it. you will know when your ready.
    its when you cant wait to do a cycle not when your having second thoughts.

5. RealET

RealET Member

I’d wait 2 more years until you cycle. Maybe lose some weight in the meantime. 250 lbs 6’2” without gear sounds a little fat to me.

tomsinite likes this.
  6. tomsinite

tomsinite Junior Member

Thank you for your quality response. To clarify, what i meant by "justifying" usage was not a moral judgement, but instead a risk vs reward question. I can't emphasize you saying "You MAY recover natural function" enough. While the reward is obviously amazing for using AAS, the risk (and uncertainty of recovery) involved is what is causing me to seriously rethink my cycle plan.

I plan on posting my baseline blood results. I think getting those numbers will be a good place to continue this conversation.

By the way, from my research of hcg, i tend to agree with you're dosing suggestion (250 iu every 4-5 days) for the duration of cycle. The only thing I'm unsure of is combining it with pct. People in forums seems to conflict on that.

7. RealET

RealET Member

Don’t use hcg on pct. use it before pct or during cycle but don’t use it during pct. I used to be in the same boat until I did a ton of research.

8. tomsinite

tomsinite Junior Member

I agree. I tend to have some serious cuts while maintaining size at 220. Thats a much healthier weight.

9. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

By not recovering, do you mean having to go on TRT? If so, I've never heard of anyone NOT recovering from a conservative, 10-12 week cycle. Then again, "recovering" is a subjective term.

10. RealET

RealET Member

After my first cycle of test e and eq all my levels recovered except my estrogen was lower than before and my fsh/lh were higher

tomsinite likes this.
  11. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member

Yeah i did not mean your first cycle will wreck your HPTA. You seem to be asking the right questions and prepared. Didnt mean to scare you. I meant further down the road. For a lot of guys it becomes a life long thing.

But it sounds to me like you’re not ready, just mentally. So ride out the natty for a while. Depending on your bf% maybe get in a more favorable body comp. It’s always here. The gear isn’t going anywhere.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 5:28 PM
    tomsinite and ironwill1951 like this.
  12. tomsinite

tomsinite Junior Member

I agree, recovery is subjective. Personally, to me it means reaching baselines again, at the very least.

I think an important question any novice should ask themselves is "Am i ready to undergo TRT my whole life if things go awry?"

I am well researched, and i doubt that would happen to me as proper precautions would be taken. BUT, man there are some less than favorable stories out there.

13. bambam333

bambam333 Member

I started screwing around with cycles alil younger than you and always recovered well but like mac11 said I got addicted to the results and was very uneducated at the time and ran some heavy compounds for too long and thats what took me to trt. Test only at 500 you should recover fine as long as you dont already have any issue. Also I would usually run for up to 2 weeks after cycle then stop it and then start the pct. If you dont need to start dont

tomsinite likes this.
  14. Monstar

Monstar Member

You are doing it right. Love the baseline bloods. Do not run hcg during pct. Before PCT or during cycle is fine. Typical is 250 or 500iu 2x per week. Start PCT 2 weeks post final injections.

You should be totally fine but shit can happen so you need to own that. I started earlier than you, we didn't have pct back in the day. I'm on HRT now but likely was always low. Didn't use anything for ~15 years pre HRT. Now a blast and cruise with mild cycles because why not? I've already had my kids so it's about quality of life for me.

I don't know that you'll necessarily become addicted. You seem fairly balanced. You will however understand, first hand, how effective they can be for your goals and depending on what you are prioritizing in life that can be a powerful draw.

15. Hawkins

Hawkins Member

Lots of good advice here.

Bloodwork, better body composition, few more years of training and controlled eating are all solid advice.

Good to see a young buck doing the right things.

tomsinite likes this.
  16. Robfromga

Robfromga Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Solid post
    But you're too young still
    Have you had bloodwork? I would do that now, and save it because it will help you later .
    I wouldn't cycle til you were 26-28 . You still should be growing like a weed at 23 .

You will not hit one cycle and not do it again. Superman doesn't want to be Clark Kent.