Protonmail Accounts Hacked

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by Skull, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Skull

Skull Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I wanted to start this thread to lwt everyknow that recently i have seen two guys protonmail addys becoming hacked. Jus wanted to let everyone know to be safe about clicking on links that are sent to your protonmail accounts. ......

2. Good looking out Skull. Just curious, how did they know there accounts were hacked?

3. Skull

Skull Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

WhiteRhinos got hacked an posed as him to get somone to order. Then ripped him off. Rhino has already made it right on his part with the affected member so thats all an well but guys, beware. People are startin to make the switch to totanota now.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    MindlessWork and strongsafety41 like this.
  4. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Thanks for the headsup @Skull. I will change the PW's on mine and already I have set up tutanota emails.

I do have a funny feeling some people fell for the phishing attack emails that were sent to ProtonMail users.

Millard Baker likes this.
  5. Also should add, if you get any suspicious emails regarding the password to your account or anything requiring you to provide account or personal information, do not respond or click any links.

Kakarot, Skull and MindlessWork like this.
  6. MindlessWork

Just found one in my inbox so promptly trashed it. These scams are only getting worse not better so the more people educated on this the better.

Skull and MisterSuperGod like this.
  7. Mrfreeza1

Mrfreeza1 Member

Thanks

8. OldmanRob

OldmanRob Member

I decided to check my account, found something about a free steroid calculator.

The message was from a guy named Greg Wong.......WTF is that all about. I seem to recall a few others saying something about this.

master.on likes this.
  9. MindlessWork

I would trash that one...that steroid calculator you'd have to pay for, and yes a thread was posted about it.

10. Kakarot

Kakarot Member

Sister website to ppl. Anyone that made an account on ppl site got the email

OldmanRob likes this.
  11. The calculator appears to be a free service. Any mention of money was for ad space on the site. Either way, it was still underhanded of PPL to just start spamming people.

Kakarot and MindlessWork like this.
  12. TideGear

TideGear Member

Don't mean to contradict you @Skull but this guy hasn't made anything right. He's not responding to my emails now and I don't get the feeling that he is gonna make it right. He posted on M & S last night at around 11pm and I emailed him yesterday morning so it's not like he hasn't been around a computer or smart phone. He's clearly just avoiding my emails. Like I said, I don't get the feeling that he's gonna make it right so buyer beware. If I don't hear back from him today I'm gonna join that board and warn them about him too.

13. OldmanRob

OldmanRob Member

Personally, I have White Rhino lumpednin with North 44 and Trinity, maybe I am wrong but I don't trust the Rhino at all.

14. TideGear

TideGear Member

I just posted in his thread on M&S. I don't trust his ass either though.

15. Are you just gonna use that forum to bitch or what? :D:p

MindlessWork likes this.
  16. TideGear

TideGear Member

Hahaha they aren't like us

gibsme and MisterSuperGod like this.
  17. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

There's nothing wrong with Protonmail security. Don't be fooled. These are clearly the result of user negligence and poor security practices. Phishing attacks are unsophisticated and old school but still surprisingly effective.

18. Thaistick

Thaistick Member

And not limited to ProtonMail. A very large source was just had his account compromised on tutanota.

Millard Baker likes this.
  19. master.on

master.on Member

IMO it won't take long for DEA/NSA to at least try to hack encrypted emails, especially those selling fent.
    Maybe already mastered? Who knows.