Putting up big ass numbers

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by Brandaddy, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

Wasn't going to log this, but it looks like the powerlifting forum is pretty dead. So I guess I'll log my next meet prep. I just started up this week. Taking it a little light for now, doing my typical off season power hypertrophy program using DUP for progressive overload. I like this style of training because it's simple but effective.

Since this will be an untested meet, I'm thinking about running a decent cycle leading up to the meet. Still a bit undecided what I'm going to run.

Currently I have my training maxes set at 475 squat, 365 bench, and 605 deadlift. I'm retesting these next week and hoping to be at 525 squat, 385 bench, and 625 deadlift. One thing I'm going to introduce soon are knee wraps. I'm used to using sleeves but this federation allows wraps in their raw division, so I'm hoping they throw a decent amount of weight on my squat.

My goals for this meet are a 600+ squat, 405+ bench, and 650+ deadlift. I'm competing at 198, so I need at least a 1650 total to qualify for the pro class at my next meet. Wish me luck.. Ha

2. Eman

Eman Member

Subbidy subbed.

What is your weight now and how long is the prep?

Brandaddy likes this.
  3. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

Right now I'm at about 195ish. Plan on not getting anymore than maybe 205. . I have 13 weeks to prep for the meet. Probably do 6-8 more weeks of my current training, then take the last 4 weeks to specialize in the three lifts. Unless someone else has a better idea.

4. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

In for prep and revival of this section.

Dw725 and Brandaddy like this.
  5. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

Maybe if people posted some T&A pics of their girls in this thread it would get this section going again. Ha

6. Eman

Eman Member

I got you.. my idea is fuck 198, order a pizza and let's get you up to 250lbs and a whole other weight class. Of course, you'll be competing in whole new territory I guess so we might have to make up for some things with lots of drugs, maybe more pizza too. I'll start looking for cheque drops for you, you look for halo.

Or you can just do what you were already planning on... Whichever.

7. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

Hey, I like pizza as much as the next guy. Maybe I'll move up to 220 first though. Ha.

Seriously though, I am thinking about going up to 220 after the big comp in march.

8. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

In case anyone does give a shit about my diet right now it is,

36 oz of sirloin steak
    500 grams of white rice
    10 whole eggs
    Half gallon of fairlife chocolate milk

Then pre workout I have a clif bar with 48 grams of peanut butter

9. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

Weight yesterday was 194.6

Workout was,

2x5 squats @ 395lbs
    2x5 paused bench @ 305lbs
    2x8 leg extensions
    4x8 calf raises
    4x15 calf raises

This is more of a deload week. So nothing too fancy. No amraps, just light weight for low volume. Next week will be a little more interesting.

theprodgicalson likes this.
  10. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

So Iarely I've been buying rental properties, I just bought this property last week. Started working on it Monday. It had those old wood looking panels on one of the walls in the 2nd bedroom and they were all loose. I thought, "Eh.. fuck it. Looks like there is rock behind it. I can just rip them off and paint the walls."

So i bought the place because the numbers worked great. Ended up ripping those panels out and sure as shit it wasn't sheet rock behind it, it was that old ass asbestos cement sheeting. Lol. So I had to DIY dispose that. After ripping that stuff off and burying it in the backyard, I exposed the original framing... What the fuck kind of mongoloid framed this up?? Haha 20180705_160354.jpg

11. TideGear

TideGear Member

I've been wanting to get into flipping houses lately. As far as knowing which properties are a good value, how would you recommend someone go about educating themselves?

12. Grandpa Gainz

Grandpa Gainz Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I’ve been a carpenter for 30+yrs and yeah it’s shocking some of the shit people do! Just buy some Rock and cover that sin. Lmao. Good luck at your meet btw.

Worf, Oregongearhead and Brandaddy like this.
  13. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

Haha. That's what I ended up doing. The walls ended up not be flat either, some parts were sticking out about half an inch, so I had to rip it apart a bit and just got some 1x2x8s and tacked them down 16" on center. Might have to do something with the window frame now because the rock is about 1/4" past the wood, so I'll have a bit of a gap when in done, but I figured I could scab a piece of wood in there, caulk the seam really light and paint over it and you shouldn't be able to tell.

14. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

Personally I flip and hold instead of flip and sell. I like the idea of passive income every month. All I do is find crappy multifamily properties where the monthly rent can be at least 2% of the total purchase price and rehab costs. As long as it's just cosmetic stuff that's wrong with it, you can go in there paint the walls and ceilings, paint the cabinets and doors, replace the floors and trim and it will basically look like a brand new place although you only spent pennies on it. Lol. So if you bought a triplex for say $60,000, and your renovation costs are about $2,000. It's all 2br/1ba and you can easily rent them for $700/month after they are tidied up. The appraisal will come back at lesst $110,000 if not more. You can then cash out refinance or delayed finance anywhere from 75-85% of that depending on which bank you go to. Personally I just finance whatever it cost me to buy and fix the place. What I do is use a HELOC to buy the properties with cash first to skip the initial appraisal or you might need to wait 6 months before you can get it reapprais.

If you want to learn more, check out bigger pockets. They go a lot more in depth in this stuff.

TideGear likes this.
  15. TideGear

TideGear Member

15320370666348862658770209135778.jpg

It's funny you mentioned that, I'm reading it right now. I think I'm gonna take his advice and get my real estate license. I also have the book on estimating rehab costs. Thanks for your advice!

Brandaddy likes this.
  16. Johnny442

Johnny442 Member

I’m in!

Brandaddy likes this.
  17. Grandpa Gainz

Grandpa Gainz Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Sounds like you got it down! And yeah caulk it or router back side of trim that butts drywall.
    It will definitely look better than that wood panel shit. Take care

Brandaddy likes this.
  18. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

Huh, never thought of that. Thanks for the idea

Grandpa Gainz likes this.
  19. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

Weight today was 195.4

Workout was,

2x2 deadlifts @ 525lbs
    2x15 cable crossovers
    3x12 lat pulldowns
    3x12 seated rows
    2x12 seated db press
    5x12 preacher curls. With the last set to failure and then a forced rep
    4x15 db curls
    1x30 triceps pushdowns
    4x15 triceps pushdowns

Another pretty easy day. Got a decent pump in the arms going, but nothing too special. Deadlifts went good. Felt heavy as fuck but they moved really good. Ha.

20. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

Weight today was 195.2

Workout was,

2x3 squats @ 415lbs
    2x3 paused bench @ 315lbs
    2x15 leg extensions
    4x8 calf raises
    4x15 calf raises

Next week in doing amraps on squats, bench, and deadlifts. Basically shooting for 8 reps on each of them. That would be 8 reps of 415 on squats, 315 on bench, and 525 on deadlifts.

Feeling pretty good about all of them but deadlifts. But we'll see. Ha.

Grandpa Gainz and ickyrica like this.