Attention Guest: Please make sure that you are using a unique password to login to MESO. If you have used your MESO password on another website, change it immediately. You should NEVER share the same login credentials on multiple websites.

Race to a 455lb bench press

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by Perrin Aybara, Oct 9, 2019 at 3:40 PM.

1. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

@BigBaldBeardGuy
    @Mac11wildcat
    @Fryguy

I'm think just touching your chest and no help from a spotter is good? Nothing too crazy with coming up off the bench, no turning it into a decline press. Pause or not up to the lifter since we're not all used to meet standards. Sound good? Let's get it.

Like I said in the other thread I hit 395x3 last night and 405x2 last week, I'm expecting 420-430lbs at my meet next weekend. I am gonna be cutting weight for a couple months after, so I'll be a little behind for awhile.

Fryguy and BigBaldBeardGuy like this.
  2. Fuck all 4 of ya... LoL

3. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

If we don’t talk, best of luck on the meet bro. Looking forward to results.

my most recent gym bench PR was 405x3 but it seems to be an anomaly as I haven’t been close since.

4. I hate when that happens. I hit 285 on incline last week. Didn't even come close this week.

5. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Thanks, Mac. I'll definitely let you know how it goes.

Those once in a blue moon phenomenal days can be a mind fuck. You base your next heavy session on them and get crushed, lol. 405x3 would damn near put you at 455lbs though.

6. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

I'll follow this one, but with how weak my bench feels right now I'm not expecting to hit it any time soon. Lol.

7. Fryguy

Fryguy Member

Hit 405 × 2 not long ago. I'll post my best attempt next week.

Mac11wildcat and Perrin Aybara like this.
  8. 420! No pun intended...

Fryguy and Perrin Aybara like this.
  9. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

We're all pretty close to one another. Kinda makes me wanna cancel this post meet cut and just bulk to a 455lbs bench, lol.

Btcowboy, Mac11wildcat and Fryguy like this.
  10. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Go get your meet total. Lifting with a purpose always added some adrenaline/performance gains for me.

11. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Absolutely does in my experience, too.

Normally I wouldn't flat bench in the off season, but after like two and a half years of being unable to bench without pain and now it seems fine I think I'm gonna stick with it awhile.

Worf and Mac11wildcat like this.
  12. Mighty-mouse

Mighty-mouse Member

Thought I commented on this! Count me in

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  13. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Where you at now on bench?

14. Mighty-mouse

Mighty-mouse Member

Currently working on trying to increase my 1RM

A couple weeks ago did a touch and go prob 1 sec pause or less no bounce at 425lb

Tried 405 today and only got one.... sore as shit!

Been doing pause reps to help at the bottom end worked up to 3 sets of 3x365 prob add 5 lb next time. - rest till heart rate levels out so about 3 min or so.

Currently 5’4 218- 220 lb

Been doing floor dumbbell presses got up to 105 today 2 sets of 8 with a 2 sec pause with elbows on floor.

My coach has this thing on floor presses and he won’t help ya get them set. So if you can’t kick one up with your thigh it’s too heavy.