ratio's : E2/T and DHT/T

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Axl, Dec 28, 2005.

Axl

Axl Junior Member

According to what I read, the following ratio's are a good rule of thumb to interpret your labwork....

E2/T = 0,5%

DHT/T = 15%

pmgamer18

pmgamer18 Junior Member

Where did you read this Dr. Shippen does T/e2 and feels a 20:1 is good I have never felt good at doing this right now my T is 900 and my e2 is 25 = 36:1 and I feel dam good at this my DHT is way to dam high over 2200 and I don't feel it but am worried about it.

1cc

1cc Junior Member

The following excellent book also emphasises ratios a lot. "The Life Extension Revolution" - Dr. Philip Miller and the Life Extension Foundation.

Axl

Axl Junior Member

I found it in an article written by a good endo, linked to a prestiguous university. It's in french, so I didn't bother adding the link. Most guys in the States don't speak french, I think. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Phil, at 61 you are probably not bothered by that, BUT...hasn't your hair fallen out??? High DHT is known for causing baldness... Moreover, I thought it also causes intra-abdominal fat deposits, which is not good...

DavidZ

DavidZ Junior Member

SWALE

SWALE Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine

I know I am sounding like a broken record here, but I really think any doctor who shoots for a fixed rtio as treatment goal is really missing the boat.

And no, AXL, Yanks don't bother learning Fench, or any other language for that matter. It's the rest of the worlds' job to speak English!

LiquidGib

LiquidGib Junior Member

wildfox

wildfox Junior Member

Je conviens compltement. :p

Je suis amricain, et je parle franais.

WF

ciobl

ciobl Junior Member

:D

axl, listen to swale and heed his advice, good man and doctor...

axl, beware of his second advice though, if you feel the need to become a bilingual, trilingual or a polyglot, a person highly proficient on more than two languages whether for business or leisure, go for it....you'll need it sooner or later...

don't follow certain people like otto jespersen who created a controversial never ending argument, instead other people, another danish like rask, or itsvan dabi or a linguistic teacher hale...or maybe this child prodigy, sidis, who knew over forty languages and :D ...learned a language per day....yep

Axl

Axl Junior Member

Axl

Axl Junior Member

After reading the link DavidZ provided; it is indeed completely unecessary to use ratio's. And no: you don't sound like a broken record: good advice can't be 'over-repeated'.

Maybe this is against your expectations, but I fully agree with you. If everybody in the world would do the effort to learn English, I didn't have to do the effort of learning all kinds of foreign languages. Europe is a mess: every little country has its own language: quite a challenge when you need to travel a lot... I hope the internet age will make everybody see that English is a must (let's hope Chinese will not be set as 'the standard language', lol)

One question still stands though... I was looking for the optimal level of DHT that a man of 32 years should have. The goal is trying to get a virilisation process going without loosing 'my scalp'... (this is how I stumbled on the ratio). What are the tools that can be used to change DHT levels?

SWALE

I was just having a little fun with that second part...

Axl

Axl Junior Member

I know. :D Could you tell me what DHT level I should aim for??? I can't find anything on DHT levels in the literature.... Thanks in advance!

SWALE

I have no problem seeing DHT levels two or even three times above the top of normal range.

1cc

1cc Junior Member

Wouldn't that lead to excessive aggression?

Sunkist

Sunkist Junior Member

Interesting... thanks Swale.

DavidZ

DavidZ Junior Member

Without DHT cream my DHT runs low-normal. I aim for the upper half of the normal range. I feel best, and my blood tests are optimal, in that range. When I go over the top of the normal range, it's not that I feel bad, I just don't feel right.

See the "DHT cream" thread for more details.

ciobl

ciobl Junior Member

echo -> interesting... thanks Swale. :rolleyes:

Axl

Axl Junior Member

Thanks for the link DavidZ. You put a lot of weight on your DHT readings.
    Take a look at this:
    "Measurement of circulating DHT is not a reliable indicator of total DHT production,as, once synthesized, DHT is further metabolized intracellularly to 3alpha-androstenediol glucuronide and 3beta-androstenediolglucuronide which appear in the circulation."

Now I didn't see you measuring the androstenediolgluceronide in the post you mentioned. My doc measures this, because he finds it an important marker of DHT action. I just wanted to draw your attention to this because I feel it may be important for the interpretation of your DHT readings.

Full text attached.

The_Skeptic

The_Skeptic Junior Member

Wouldn't that cause BPH?

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.