Real name for wallet?

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by Moosey, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Moosey

Moosey Junior Member

Simple question here guys.

Should i use my real name and adress for my bitcoin wallets?

If yes, should i use my real info only for my "main" wallet, or for the other wallets too?

2. TS561

TS561 Member

Making a “truly” anonymous bitcoin wallet is a little tricky. So I will say what I say to everyone. Understand your threat model. Are you the next Edward Snowden, or just a bro looking to grab a little gear. If you are the later, a primary wallet with name attached is fine if you use a mixing service to transfer it to a pseudo-anonymous wallet. Just a wallet that isn’t directly tied to any info directly related to you. Fake email, burner cell what have you.

3. Moosey

Moosey Junior Member

Thanks for the output.

I do indeed use a "mixing service", so i simply have 2 wallets.

Wallet 1 (primary) >> Buy coins >> Send to Wallet 2 >> pay the roids with wallet 2 >> enjoy gains.

Was just wondering if i should use my real info for my primary wallet.

What do you mean with fake email? I was going to use 2 seperate encrypted email accounts for each wallet.

4. TS561

TS561 Member

Even with this you kinda gotta ask, "how fake do you need it to be?", lol. Basic level, just don't use real info, and don't use it for anything but the signup requirement. As for your primary wallet. Some services require ID. So it isn't a big deal. Just make sure to mix before wallet two. One suggestion I would make. Is don't just mix all you coin at one time. Do it in small transactions over a longer period. But, please do research everything. Take your time, and take care of yourself.