Realistic bodyfat estimate

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Forum' started by Meloncap78, May 4, 2018.

1. Meloncap78

Meloncap78 Junior Member

so I went on an almost 4 month cut awhile back. Went from 210ish to 185. After the cut I slowly readjusted my intake to be 3300 calories from the 2200 I was eating during the cut. Over the course of the past couple of months I went from 185 to 192. This is while following a mixed program for power and hypertrophy. The problem is I haven’t been able to really progress in strength and I actually seem to be getting weaker. I also seem to have lost most of my definition from when I first cut. I have had zero growth in any measurements as well. I have posted a before lean bulk pic at 185 pounds and a current pic at 192. I have gained 7 pounds in 2 months. The black and whites are before and after cut and the color is today. Should I back off and drop back down and take a different approach?

Attached Files:

2. Evom1

Evom1 Member

• I'd say you went from about 16-17% to 10-11% and now you're around 13-14%

This all comes down to diet
    What is your EXACT diet? And did you reverse diet out of your cut?

3. Meloncap78

Meloncap78 Junior Member

I didnt reverse. Just slowly introduced more carbs back into the diet over a period of a few weeks. Right now my macros are 40/40/20 at 3200 daily. Carb sources mainly sweet potatoes, rice, whole grain wheat bread and oats. Pizza once a week on the weekends. I eat only chicken for a protein source (mainly preference as beef sits in my gut like a brick) and a shake daily. Fats are peanut butter, almonds and olive oil for cooking. Also whatever fats I get from the 8 whole eggs I eat every morning. I assume more than likely most of the 7 pound gain is fat in my case. I don’t really want to keep trying to put lean mass on if it means just ending back at 18-20% bodyfat again in a couple of months.

4. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Ok, whats your exact diet? Meal by meal, measurements etc. Not your menu

5. Meloncap78

Meloncap78 Junior Member

Breakfast- 60grams oats, 6 eggs, 50 grams whey in 10oz 2% milk. 1050 cals. Post workout lunch- 2 slices whole wheat bread, 2 tbls natural PB, 1tbls organic blueberry preserves, 40 grams oats, 40 grams whey in water. 720 cals. Dinner- 5.5oz chicken breast tenderloin, 140g steamables brown rice, 80 grams steamed broccoli. 460 cals. Snack 5.5 oz chicken breast tenderloin, 140g steamables brown rice, quest bar. 570 cals. After work snack pre bed time. 1 can albacore with mustard, 2 slices whole wheat bread. 350 cals.