Really bad abdominal cramps

pobox1334

Hey guys lately when I've been doing abs I'll get really bad cramps right at the start of training them, like after 1-2 sets. They've gotten so bad that I will have to lay down on my back on the gym floor in pain and just wait for them to relax (usually 2-5 minutes).

Even after my workout I'll notice the other muscles that I trained that day will continue cramping for the rest of the night, just not as bad as my abs.

Do you think it's my diet? I try to keep a tight diet eating 7-9 meals a day and I take a good multi vitamin along with omegas and glucosamine/chondroitin and some other stuff for cholesterol.

Could it be a sign of a lack of a specific vitamin or mineral that could be causing this? I'm 33 and I've been training for 15+ years if that matters.. I really want to start training my core again but I look crazy falling on the floor in the middle of the gym all the time now lol.

Add in some pink Himalayan salt into your pre workout (my preference) I’m sure normal salt works just fine. I get really bad cramps too. I’ve noticed the more salt and water I take in the better. My lower lats, abs, and hamstring right under my glute will just lock up randomly especially my hammy. It’s brutal sometimes

maybe get yourself some potassium too and toss in a few hundred mg in. Once you learn to balance it it gets better. You just gotta experiment with your electrolytes if thats The issue. I’m still experimenting myself it’s hard to track

Silentlemon1011

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
Add in some pink Himalayan salt into your pre workout (my preference) I’m sure normal salt works just fine. I get really bad cramps too. I’ve noticed the more salt and water I take in the better. My lower lats, abs, and hamstring right under my glute will just lock up randomly especially my hammy. It’s brutal sometimes

maybe get yourself some potassium too and toss in a few hundred mg in. Once you learn to balance it it gets better. You just gotta experiment with your electrolytes if thats The issue. I’m still experimenting myself it’s hard to track

I get REALLY bad forearm cramps with DL if I dont hydrate and have good potassium/sodium intake as well.

If I'm not on point, I cant even flex my calves without almost falling over from the cramp

Btcowboy

OP, I have similar issue when working abs. They cramp and lock up for 10 to 15 minutes after.. its been like this for years and I haven't found anything to help yet, so following to see what else I can try lol

pobox1334

Thank you for the advice everyone. I have some pink salt and bananas so hopefully that'll help. You guys are great!

Buy some of this. It will change your life.

Sponsored Links