Recommendation's for a training plan for hypertrophy/bulk

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by D0017, May 11, 2019.

1. D0017

D0017 Member

What training regimens have worked well for others it terms of muscle gain? What would you recommend? . I'll be eating 500Cal above maintain for this bulk.
    Currently at 205lbs, 13% , 6ft
    I don't care about strength as much as I do overall growth. Have been on a 4 week rotation (3 series)main lifts 3 sets 12, 12-10-8-6-4, and 5x5 for about a year now. Looking to change it up and make the most of this bulk.

2. LeoTC

LeoTC Member

Definitely drop the 5X5 - it's a novice program.

Go with a basic DUP scheme. You'll blow up with all of the extra volume, long as the recovery is there.

D0017 likes this.
  3. John Meadows programs are great. Layne Norton wrote the PHAT Program which is also high frequency and I really enjoyed. You can look up Jeff Nippard or Jordan Peters they all have different styles but all lead toward the same goal. The deciding factor I believe comes down to nutrition. Personally I’m on the same boat starting a bulk. I’ve taken some notes from Matt Jansen and a couple others I follow. Most body parts are trained 2x a week but the volume is low to moderate and intensity is extremely high. May only do 3-4 exercises per group with 1 true working set of 5-8 to complete failure for each exercise. Depending on how that set feels I may drop the weight 15% and aim for a set of 8-12 or if I nail 8 reps and feel I have more in the tank to push I’ll add 5-10lbs and go for another set of 5-8 after I feel completely recovered from the previous set. I have 2 rotations of different meat and potato exercises for each muscle group that I use each week. When I feel stalled out I’ll take a deload and rearrange movements, maybe add some new ones, maybe throw band work in, and repeat.

Xlgx likes this.
  4. Test_Subject

Test_Subject Member

Nobody has said it yet, but Doggcrapp training. I've been doing it for about 8 weeks and all of my lifts are up as well as my weight.

It will beat the shit out of you but it's a lot of fun because of the sheer variety of movements. It's mentally satisfying to hit PRs every time you step into the gym.

AlwaysHungry likes this.