Replacement exercise for v bar press on smith machine?

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by johntt44, Oct 24, 2019.

1. johntt44

johntt44 Member

So, I go to LA fitness and I started my workout program. I cant do v bar presses because they have smaller smith machines with a 6 foot bar! A bench wont fit sideways between the frame. The only thing I could think of was putting the v bar on a dumbell and trying that. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

You could put one end of a barbell into the corner of some heavy machine and use an incline bench. Kinda like the reverse of a t bar row. You'd need another person to hand it to you though.

Probably need a flat bench actually that inclines because the seat on an incline might get in the way. And also probably use 25lb plates for more range of motion.

3. johntt44

johntt44 Member

Yeah, the v bar doesnt fit on the dumbbell handle. I could also do a landmine press laying on the floor I guess. Would need someone to hand it to me. Thanks!

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  4. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Smash two DBs together on a flat or incline bench

5. johntt44

johntt44 Member

I just found that on the internet too, thanks.

6. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I've heard those called Champagne press. I always figured it was because it was kinda like tilting a champagne glass at the top of the rep.

johntt44 likes this.
  7. You can place the bench in and to one side of the smith machine and brave your upper back on the bench and just keep your legs off the other side and keep your feet planted and core braced almost like if you were doing hip thrusts off of the bench

johntt44 and Logan44551 like this.
  8. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

2 dumbbell hex press