rice in cups or grams?

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by stevonov, Jul 25, 2018.

1. stevonov

stevonov Member

a "cup" of rice varies between 120 to 200 grams when I weigh it out. I think the weight is just varying depending on moisture of the rice. which way do you guys prep?

2. Eman

Eman Member

By cup.

3. JackSmooth

JackSmooth Member

I weigh/measure rice before it's cooked. That added water doesn't change the macros of the rice. 1 cup of uncooked rice typically equals 2-3 cups cooked.

4. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Number of grains of rice. Precision is key
    I round it out and consider 13,000 grains to be a cup

5. stevonov

stevonov Member

hey jack im cooking three days worth of rice split over many containers so it is harder to figure out that way. and evom, yes I am that psycho when it comes to properly documenting my macros, especially carbs lol.

6. chileandawg

chileandawg Member

Dont forget the chopsticks

7. Eman

Eman Member

Did you know that cooking rice, letting it cool and then reheating it will alter the calorie content? That doesnt get your OCD worked up, does it??

FourOneDeuxFitt and ickyrica like this.
  8. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

:rolleyes: good fucking answer @Evom1

9. ickyrica

Fuck you it does. Really?

I mean, doesn't matter to me cuz I like to eat with reckless abandon but did not know that. Cool

10. Eman

Eman Member

I'm fucking with him a little bit but yes, it can actually be done. It can reduce calories by as much as 60% actually.

New low-calorie rice could help cut rising obesity rates

ickyrica likes this.
  11. ickyrica

12. ickyrica

I wonder if things like quinoa and couscous are similar?

13. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Cup

14. stevonov

stevonov Member

luckily there is no where to heat up my food at the job site so most meals stay cold lol.

15. Rockclimber

Rockclimber Member

Fuck everyone here. I'm in a cut and miss my daily rice with every meal soooooooo much. I LOVE me some good rice!!!

ickyrica likes this.
  16. Just weigh everything raw to be consistent enough. And always go by grams.

17. rutman

rutman Member

Measure rice and potatoes by grams. Meat by ounces.

18. stevonov

stevonov Member

I notice a lot of people weigh meat raw but I like to grill tons of chicken and then weigh it afterwards as I fill my tupperware. I have seen a ton of different macros for a oz of grilled chicken breast. hope the one im using isn't way off.