Rogue Fitness Ohio Deadlift Bar

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by Perrin Aybara, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Anybody used one? How was it?

2. turcao

turcao Member

I have the Rogue Echo 2.0 which is similar but less expensive. I just quickly reviewed the specs on the website and didn't see any difference but I'm guessing since the Ohio bar is $100 more it should be better somehow. I use it in my home gym. It's a damn good bar, more than I would need for my use.

Edit: I just noticed you said Ohio Deadlift Bar. The diameter is different and so is the whip.

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  3. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Long story short the meet this weekend I've been getting ready for is apparently off. Was considering just taking the money I would've spent on that, buying a deadlift bar, and doing a mock meet at my gym this weekend.

4. turcao

turcao Member

I like where your head is at on that one but how much use will you get out of the bar moving forward? I would be too lazy to bring the bar to the gym and that bar is way to nice to leave there. It would piss me off to see some dipshit doing curls in the squat rack with my Deadlift bar even worse if they were doing quarter squats

5. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

20180502_151016.jpg

It would join my SSB taking up most of my car because I don't trust leaving it at the gym either. I'd only use the deadlift bar every few weeks on heavy days though.

6. Ironlyfe80

Ironlyfe80 Member

I have one. It's the bare steel version and I love it. The knurling is aggressive and makes Texas dl bars seem dull.

7. Ironlyfe80

Ironlyfe80 Member

Actually just ordered an Ohio powerbar today because I like the dl bar so much.

8. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

That's the one I'm looking at. I pulled 615x3 on a stiff bar at the gym the other day and was thinking of going for 650lbs at this meet that got cancelled. They were supposed to have a deadlift bar, but not sure what kind. Now I just wanna max on a deadlift bar.

turcao likes this.
  9. Ironlyfe80

Ironlyfe80 Member

650, for a 2nd attempt? You probably get at least 675 if not more, especially with a dl bar.

10. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Was thinking for my third, but not sure how much of an advantage a deadlift bar would provide.

11. I've never used one but heard they were good. The guys at my new gym have texas bars, and my old gym had a Texas and okie deadlift bar. I honestly didn't noticed TOO much of a difference between the two. Preferred the okie bar but probably cause the knurling was a little worn. The Texas deadlift bars at the new gym are tearing my hands up.

Either case I would order one from EliteFTS since you got the SSB from them. If you created an account with them you should have some reward points you can use towards the deadlift bar which will save you some $

12. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I forgot about EliteFTS, but checked just now and the shipping for them is $115 where Rogue only charges $15.

theprodgicalson likes this.
  13. Oh damn. That's a BIG difference. No brainer there.

14. showstoppa

showstoppa Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I love the knurling on the Ohio bars and the Ohio power bars. They are sharper but not nearly as deep as the Texas bars. Atleast on the bare steel versions like I have. The Ohio bar is just sticky without ripping at the hands. It's hard to explain but I much prefer the grippiness of it over the Texas bars. I have both regular Ohio and Texas power at home and grab the Ohio every time even if I have to pull it out the rack.

I don't have deadlift version but from the videos I have scene the Ohio is a tad stiffer than the Texas dl.

It will be a quality bar I can tell you that and you will have amazing customer service, those things I can promise. I would suggest the bare steel version.

15. I sound like an EliteFTS shill here..... but....

They had issues rolling over to the new server so Dave Tate decided to do a Cyper Monday sale. Free shipping on orders over $50. Rogue bar isn't on sale but the Texas bar is

16. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I decided for now I'm just going to keep using the bar at my gym and save my money. When I get closer to pulling 700lbs (like 675x1 with the stiff bar) I'm going to get the Ohio bar for sure and go for it.

17. Masters Power

Masters Power Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Good decision. I have two Rogue Bars. One is the echo and one is the Ohio Bar.

I like them both and use them on a daily basis in my home gym.

Neither one of them is a "game changer". Stick with the gym bars for now especially since you would have to constantly take it into and out of the gym.

Rogue doesn't run many sales but that is when I pick up a new bar from them and I don't have to pay shipping because I can pick them up.

18. brutus79

brutus79 Member

I got an Ohio power bar from elitefts... not sure who makes it. They were out of Texas. I wish I had waited. Minimal whip and weak knurling imo

19. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I've read the Ohio is very similar, but slightly stiffer. The federation I compete in uses them as well. For the price difference and lifetime warranty I think going with the Ohio would be the way to go.

It wouldn't entirely be an ego stroking thing since they use a similar bar at meets. Training on the stiff bar seems like it makes me end up leaving a lot on the platform on meet day. From what I read 5% is about what one could expect from using one, if your deadlift is high enough to bend the bar, that is.

I'm going to see how this mock meet goes this weekend. If it goes smoothly I'll pick up the Ohio bar in the next few months, hopefully on sale. Then use it on heavy days leading into my next meet.

That's the power bar and not the deadlift bar? The power bar would be a thicker bar meant to not have whip like for squatting.

20. brutus79

brutus79 Member

Guess I got the power bar. Black Friday sale or some shit.