Ronnie Coleman doc

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Forum' started by brutus79, Nov 10, 2018.

1. brutus79

brutus79 Member

Man... this ronnie documentary on Netflix is pretty serious. You don't know whether to feel sorry for the guy or be amazed he is such a savage. Who saw it?

2. valuum

valuum Member

I fuckin' loved it, kinda got distracted through the 2nd half.

If I recall they never mention the fact he never followed doctors orders? It was still a great documentary though.

I couldn't believe he was a cop while he was Mr. Olympia. I think I'd probably take my chances on foot if 300lb tren'd out Ronnie was the police officer pursuing me.

3. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Don't have a Netflix account but I was thinking about watching it online somewhere. Is it worth the $15?

4. Eman

Eman Member

It was tough for me to watch honestly... Ronnie The King, now can barely walk. You can see the pain in his face.

5. Evom1

Evom1 Member

He can't walk now and may never walk again

He is currently in MUCH worse shape than he was in that documentary

6. valuum

valuum Member

Yeah it's insane to compare Jay to Ronnie, Ronnie was just a shade better and is so much worse off. I imagine since Jay was smaller he was moving less weight, and maybe had a lighter training philosophy.

7. I saw it, can’t really feel sorry for him because he achieved his goal 8 times! It’s weird but what I got from the flick is, I don’t think he’d change it if he could. Hands down a fucking beast. It is painful to watch him get around though. Interesting story and definitely a good flick.

8. valuum

valuum Member

Yeah he fucking hobbles on crutches to his home gym to work out! Dude just won't quick. Pop a couple roxies and a few missin' disks aint nuthin but a peanut baby!

9. brutus79

brutus79 Member

Ronnie at his height was more than just a shade better. He was a fucking monster. Even jay agrees he wasn't beating ronnie in his prime.

Just1more and strongsafety41 like this.
  10. brutus79

brutus79 Member

Dude... buy a firestick and hack it. Easy to do and then for 40 bucks you get every movie and tv show ever made for free. Kodi is king. Really easy to do- about 1000 tutorials on youtube.

T-Bagger likes this.
  11. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member

Ronnie was a unicorn. You could argue he could’ve done it without the 800lb squats and deadlifts, but that was his method and it will be a long time before we see anything like prime Ronnie. Before his gut went, his proportions just did not make sense. Absolute departure from the human race.

It’s painful to watch, and as silly as Ronnie seems, he understood and understands the price he paid and he doesn’t regret a single thing. That’s satisfaction most people will never understand. No balance, no holding back. It’s both worthy of respect and caution.

12. brutus79

brutus79 Member

Very well put. Brought about the stark contrast between someone willing to do anything to win- and the people who weren't that had to wait for him to decline. He was crippled without a single ounce of self pity.

13. CAswole

CAswole Member

Loved the doc. I did feel sorry for him some but was also inspired. He is a true champ.

Airforce10N1 and T-Bagger like this.
  14. sinewave3

sinewave3 Member

Saw this pop up over the weekend, now I really want to see it!

15. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Started watching this last night but turned it off due to sleep, but definitely going to continue watching it tonight. It’s really sad to see the guy in his current shape.

16. Was a good doc. Worth watching.

T-Bagger likes this.
  17. Mayne

Mayne Member

Watched it earlier I dunno if Jay hated him or what but he really appeared condescending with the "but did he train smart?" line I mean dude pushed it harder than anyone that hotel room flashback before 1st Olympia win was actually really nice

18. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Just watched it. Dude is savage.

brutus79 likes this.
  19. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Jay was a hater because he lost to him all those years in a row.

I’m almost done with it and I haven’t seen yet him or any of them talking about their stacks and what they ran, but obviously GH was major in RC’s stack, or am I wrong? His gut was huge toward the end and the dude didn’t even look human.

20. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member

Lots of gH. Lots of insulin. Lots of food. And at 280 shredded lbs, a massive cycle.

Jay wasn’t “wrong” though, but did he win 8 Olympia’s?

There’s the trade. Jay’s still walking and training. Ronnie won 8.

T-Bagger likes this.