Routine switch

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by BIGSWEEZ, Oct 15, 2018.

1. BIGSWEEZ

BIGSWEEZ Member

Do you guys switch up your routines often? I've heard conflicting information in favor of switching and not switching.
    I would think the main benefit is to fend off the boredom of doing the same thing over and over.
    What are your thoughts?

2. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

That’s why some like programs like DC etc. where you rotate 3 movements from week to week etc.

3. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

All the time, I say to do whatever u haven't been doing so if yourevused to doing 5-8 reps then got to 15-20, or vice versa. If your old routine had u in gym 6x a week then drop to 3

4. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Every so often I do a routine I hate, so exercises like walking lunges, goblet squats, pullups instead of pulldowns, everything that's a bitch for me I'll make priority

MindlessWork and Rockclimber like this.
  5. Normally switch it up every 16 weeks. Give myself a week or two deload inbetween.

6. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

If you’re making gains. Why change for the sake of changing. If an exercise stalls, switch it out. If you need to increase the rep range to keep progress moving. Then do it. So many variable that can be manipulated that a change of routines isn’t necessary.

7. tengtren

tengtren Member

I typically stay the same, but if your bored with your style change it. It must remain fun, I'll do for a while "mass movements" just trying to lift like a monster as my main for the session with small additional "squeezing" movements.

Then for a while squeeze movements as my main, "blood work" with small amounts of mass movements maybe 1 for the session.

But no matter what I'm doing it's heavy, intense, and intenTIONAL. With the latter being the key to everything!

FourOneDeuxFitt likes this.
  8. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Been on PHAT for about 20 weeks and changing up next week to Meadows Project X. Mainly just for something different, however there are some exercises I am not keen on.

9. BIGSWEEZ

BIGSWEEZ Member

This has been my way of lifting for so long...sometimes you start to question what you are doing in the gym....if a machine is busy or someone is using a bench I'll find something else to do in place of that exercise

Xlgx likes this.
  10. brutus79

brutus79 Member

God I hate goblet squats.

Demondosage likes this.
  11. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Yes, me too!!! Some of those chick exercises can be rough sometimes

12. Rockclimber

Rockclimber Member

Every 8 to 12 weeks I change it up. In a 7 day week its impossible to hit every small muscle so exercises must be switched up. Ex: DB Rows in 1 program vs. BB rows in another. Same movement some different muscles used.

13. BIGSWEEZ

BIGSWEEZ Member

To add... do you guys take time off every once in a while too?

14. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I don't have a set plan each day, so I even switch the order of exercises every time I go to the gym.

15. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I take 1 week off every 3-4 months and during that time it's cardio and very light weights. Even taking walks or riding my bicycle is good.

Xlgx likes this.