Rubber Bands for in-home training?

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by NorthMich, Apr 10, 2020.

1. NorthMich

NorthMich Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I’m not going to buy equipment but I might look at some resistance bands

anyone have an opinion on a brand?

2. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I have two Canway band sets off Amazon. Each set is four bands and I got two to have pairs. They're a little more expensive now than when I got them, but still half the price of brands like Rogue.

3. Worf

Worf Member

Elite FTS

Oldschool, sinewave3, CAswole and 2 others like this.
  4. Switcher

Switcher Member

Liftinglarge.com still has some left. Theirs are not for the faint of heart... the biggest are truly massive... I am not a wall flower and haven't figured out what I will do with them.

NorthMich likes this.
  5. CAswole

CAswole Member

Conversation is over here.

Oldschool and Worf like this.
  6. CAswole

CAswole Member

IMG_20200413_170558984.jpg best out there imo

7. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

20200413_161016.jpg

Like this? Good to hang upside with to stretch your lower back and loosen up your hips. Can't really imagine using them on any lift for added resistance.

NorthMich, Logan44551 and CAswole like this.
  8. Cityofgrit

Cityofgrit Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I'd say Elite FTS as well. John Meadows has been posting some all band workouts on his YouTube channel.

NorthMich, Worf and CAswole like this.
  9. CAswole

CAswole Member

That one looks similar to the yellow bands I have pictured. thing is, I thought I was stronger than I was when I bought them LOL and have never really used them on a bar with weight. However, with my limited weight I can strap them over the bar put them under my feet and I have instantly added probably 200 lb to my 135 lb bar. Pretty great till I can find some rusted old 45's.

10. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

For deadlift? Have you tried it?

NorthMich and CAswole like this.
  11. CAswole

CAswole Member

@Perrin Aybara also thanks for that tip about hanging upside from them. I never thought of it and I'm sure my lumbar spine will appreciate it.

12. CAswole

CAswole Member

Yes with 130lbs on the bar with the bands. It's def tough towards the top especially on the grip. My 1rm is 610 so idk if that helps. I can do several nice controlled reps without straps but like I said at the top it is pulling itself out of your grip. It feels good.

NorthMich and Perrin Aybara like this.
  13. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I got some voodoo floss in the mail today. That's a win.

Oldschool, CAswole and Worf like this.
  14. sinewave3

sinewave3 Member

I have a set of cheap ones off Amazon for rear delt work and stuff. Researched a bunch of the thicker bands and ended up with Rogue as they were the same price as most of the other big names and still had stock when I went to order.

NorthMich and Worf like this.
  15. Worf

Worf Member

Rogue is a solid company, a second in many thing to elite FTS but better at others. Right now they’re all having a hard time keeping up

16. Switcher

Switcher Member

Yeah, and there is one set even wider. The handles make them work pretty easy. There isn't as much a negative on the lift but it effective enough for Government work.

17. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

Thanks for the info on the bands you guys.

18. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

How's the floss treating you amigo?

19. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

It's funny but it seems to work as advertised. My lady has been using it often, I'm pretty stagnant currently. Her knees were hurting from working out in our mantown, like the padding in the floor isn't as forgiving or something. Idk... She said it helps so I'm happy lol.

Oldschool likes this.