Running

Discussion in 'Endurance Forum' started by Uglyrichie, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Uglyrichie

Uglyrichie Member

I wanna start running, I have gotten fat being unmotivated to do anything. Was thinking every other day lift 1 run 1 type of deal. I decided on running just to get me outside more. Any suggestions on best way to go about it as a non runner. I have bought a pair of shoes. Kinda looking for ways not to fuck myself up right off the bat.

2. Kim

Kim Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Here is a training plan geared towards running a 5k, and also great for just giving you a head start. Lots of different training plans.

5844F488-3665-4BB2-960D-35BED534ABD8.jpeg

3. Uglyrichie

Uglyrichie Member

Kim likes this.
  4. Tiredandhot

Tiredandhot Member

Start slow, don't make the mistake of running all your runs too fast. If you're trying to lose weight running, longer slower runs will help while you build a base for faster running.

I'd not run too many miles in the beginning, see how your first few days go. Some people can take time off and run a bunch out the gate, others have to work up to a mile or two at a time.

Work on your running form, be careful to not heel strike too much. Or else shin splints will sideline you.

If you're serious about running after some time, get a Garmin or other GPS watch. Best running investment next to a pair of quality shoes.

Uglyrichie and Kim like this.