Sample annual cycle frequency of 4-week T-prop

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by youngBuilder, Sep 8, 2013.

1. youngBuilder

youngBuilder Member

The time-on/time-off ratios, for those with healthy a HPTA, is obviously very important (most important). Most people I see on this board do the typical 10-12 week cycles about twice a year, where TIME ON = TIME OFF.

I don't like long cycles and I was wondering if the following method would work just as well despite the higher frequency of on/off throughout the year:

-4 weeks of Test-prop (and other orals or short ester stacks)
    -4 weeks of pct (1 week in between cycle and PCT)
    -4 weeks off everything
    -REPEAT

So, basically a 4-week T-Prop cycle once a quarter.

Is this doable? Is this just as effective for maintaining a healthy HPTA (or better) than the traditional 10 weekers?

Gunrunner likes this.
  2. BigSha

BigSha Member

I really think that's a non sense . I can't give any scientific support but i think that the less u shut down your htpa and then Recover it , the better . You want to do 4 cycles a year , that means 4 times your balls are going to be not producing any test . So much stress on your htpa for so short periods of time .

3. heel hook

heel hook Member

I don't get any results after 4 weeks anyway so for me shorties work well and then back to TRT, so if it works for you it works.

4. Gunrunner

Gunrunner Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Try it, get labs, and let us know.

I think this would actually work pretty well. It has been said many times that dosage and duration affect PCT. Well a short cycle like this should give you a quicker start then normal.

johnnyBALLZ likes this.
  5. BigSha

BigSha Member

I am still a bit of a pessimistic ...

Gunrunner likes this.
  6. youngBuilder

youngBuilder Member

Thanks Gunrunner, will do. I will try it and take labs during (lipid profile and E2) and 2 weeks into PCT (TT, E2, LH). Once I have everything I will post it all up.

Gunrunner likes this.
  7. Mike Oxbig

Mike Oxbig Member

According to Bill Roberts the HPTA suppression from anything between 2-8 weeks is nearly identical.

Gunrunner likes this.
  8. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

I even like the idea of one 10-12 week cycle per year better. The reason is that the "time on = time off" rule generally turns into "time on = time waiting to get back on".

There's barely enough time - once HPTA has fully recovered to normal - to make any real progress training "natural."

I hope AAS users never forget what it's like to train hard and make progress without AAS. It's also a great way to experiment with new training, nutrition programs. (When you're on-cycle, everything works!)

Michael Scally MD likes this.
  9. Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

No cycle is doable without labs! I have treated men who did a very small cycle, but remained shutdown for a long time. This fact makes me wary of any AAS use without monitoring. IMO, it is just not worth sacrificing your balls.

I might take a contrary view IF [IF] AAS use universally lead to overwhelming significant muscle gains with fat loss [everyone near an Olympia], but the reality is 90+% would have gained the same with a dedicated program without AAS.

Gunrunner and Millard Baker like this.
  10. youngBuilder

youngBuilder Member

Awesome post Millard. I agree. I have only ever done short cycles with short esters and I prefer them because recovery is a piece of cake and I get very few sides. I avoid any terrible acne (to which I am susceptible to), mood swings when coming off and keep all my gains. I always stay off for 3-6 months at a time because I actually still like training naturally.

I can't agree with you more on how it teaches you to train and eat right when you also depend on growth naturally for most of the year.

11. youngBuilder

youngBuilder Member

"I only got 2 things in this world. My Balls. And my word. And I don't break neither of them for nobody!"

No but seriously, I always get labs. My TT is usually restored after 2 weeks of pct and continue for a couple more weeks for kicks.

12. youngBuilder

youngBuilder Member

Found this article, written by RealGains, who I think is also a member of this board. Awesome read on 2-weekers and 4-weekers.

Great outline of some of the biggest things neglected by most: living with extended periods of shitty HDL levels.

SHORT CYCLES good gains-less sides

Millard Baker likes this.
  13. BigSha

BigSha Member

If long cycling is so bad for your lipid panel , than how do the pros or semi-pros do it ? How they are always on and always with an extremely low hdl cholesterol and very high LDL ?

14. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

Health has never been a top concern for pro bodybuilders.

bickel29 likes this.