Schwarzenegger Takes a Page From Bush

buck

Businesses should not be setting government policy. They do not have my best interest at heart. They have there own interests set first. But when making money is more important then any thing else I guess that they look good at the mment.

bearze34

Frosty said:
I don't get it. WHat's the problem? I guess if we need energy we should go tell the energy companies to F off because we don't want them to make any money :rolleyes:

What people should do is not only look at the profit they make but the money they spend to keep up with enviromental regs, at least here in Ca. For instance, at the refinery I work at they are in the middle of modernizing the control system of the whole refinery. This is a huge undertaking costing them tens of millions of dollars. People are always commenting about how bad and greedy oil companies are as if they have a god-given right to cheap gas. If people drove anything smaller that used less gas or drove less the price would be adjusted accordingly. The most amazing thing is those supporting Kerry are the loudest ones at bitching about gas prices yet Kerry wants to tax gas more. Go figure the logic of liberals.

Mark Kerr

buck said:
Businesses should not be setting government policy. They do not have my best interest at heart. They have there own interests set first. But when making money is more important then any thing else I guess that they look good at the mment.

So who does have our best interests at heart? The government? LOL LOL.

Anywho, businesses may not have our best interests at heart, but they sure do bend-over backwards to get customers. That how capitalism works.

Summary of Capitalism:

Businesses are greedy and want money. They have to produce a product that people are willing to buy. You buy that amazing new product, usually out of your own greed as well. Therefore, the business gets the money it wants, you get the product you want, and both win.

I dont understand why anyone would care if they have our best interests at heart anyways. I am not looking for a fucking girlfriend, I am looking for the best product at the best price. Pure and Simple.

Kayz

The whole point of business is to make as much money as you possibly can in the shortest amount of time with the least amount of initial capital on hand.

buck

Kayz said:
The whole point of business is to make as much money as you possibly can in the shortest amount of time with the least amount of initial capital on hand.

Kayz I am glad to see that you agree with me . Businesses job is to make money. Governments job is to do what the people want. By the people, for the people. Nice saying. huh. I am glad to see we are in complete agreement.

buck

Frosty said:
But businesses DO produce what we as a society REQUIRE. This isn't some special interest group to help prevent the furry nut scratcher squirrel from going extinct, this is trying to improve the energy problem in CA. I don't know how you can help improve the problem and not involve the big energy companies.

Business job is to make money above all else. Check out Kayz's statment below he backs me up. So they are more interested in profit then solveing the problem.

buck

Windigo said:
We're capitalists buck. I know you would like us to be communists but we are capitalists none the less.

P.S. Lot of editorializing for an unbiased news article don't you think.

Fraid I couldn't be a communist as I can be as greedy as you are.

buck

bearze34 said:
What people should do is not only look at the profit they make but the money they spend to keep up with enviromental regs, at least here in Ca. For instance, at the refinery I work at they are in the middle of modernizing the control system of the whole refinery. This is a huge undertaking costing them tens of millions of dollars. People are always commenting about how bad and greedy oil companies are as if they have a god-given right to cheap gas. If people drove anything smaller that used less gas or drove less the price would be adjusted accordingly. The most amazing thing is those supporting Kerry are the loudest ones at bitching about gas prices yet Kerry wants to tax gas more. Go figure the logic of liberals.

User fees very sencible.

buck

Mark Kerr said:
So who does have our best interests at heart? The government? LOL LOL.

Anywho, businesses may not have our best interests at heart, but they sure do bend-over backwards to get customers. That how capitalism works.

Summary of Capitalism:

Businesses are greedy and want money. They have to produce a product that people are willing to buy. You buy that amazing new product, usually out of your own greed as well. Therefore, the business gets the money it wants, you get the product you want, and both win.

I dont understand why anyone would care if they have our best interests at heart anyways. I am not looking for a fucking girlfriend, I am looking for the best product at the best price. Pure and Simple.

You are correct about business. But we were speaking of government behaveing in a proper manner.

buck

Frosty said:
Is it just me, or do I find a disproportionate amount of "Kerry '04" stickers on SUVs? lol

Could be but not the big 10 cylinder ones. Those have the good ole GB ones. lol

buck

Frosty said:
Ahhh, so how do you propose the energy problem be fixed WITHOUT the involvement of big business?

Where did I say they should be excluded. I don't see that any where. I was talking about them being the only ones included.

Sponsors

Latest posts