Secure email options ?

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by flash, Apr 23, 2014.

1. flash

flash Member

Hey guys I'm looking for a secure email provider and honestly I don't know how any of that works but I figured someone here could steer me in the right direction. I figured if I'm going to conduct business online if you know what I mean I might as well go ahead and get something better than gmail to cover my ass. So where should I start looking and I would rather have one that you don't have to pay for as long as I don't have to sacrifice quality but if I have to pay for one I will no big deal. So opinions anyone ?

2. dper726

dper726 Member

Securenym is widely used and guaranteed to satisfy yearly fee though

amabala likes this.
  3. amabala

amabala Member

I use countermail......works well.have to pay for any secure service that's worth a damn

4. dper726

dper726 Member

Yea countermail works too just don't like the layout much. But if you'll like countermail has a trial will let you play around with it. Still think securenym is best

5. flash

flash Member

Ok thanks guys yea I kinda figured anything worthwhile would have a fee but that's no big deal I guess I'll look into them and see how it goes thanks again

6. youngBuilder

youngBuilder Member

How about safe-mail?

7. whodatnation

whodatnation Member

Definite no on safe mail. I use countermail and actually have no problems with it, especially since they now have a workable app on android devices. Secure as above stated is good. Anonymousspeech is another but most of the really secure ones you have to pay for.

8. dper726

dper726 Member

The thing about securenym is that is has been around for so long..... I don't mind paying the price of reliability and stability for as long as secure has been maintaining it.

9. youngBuilder

youngBuilder Member

Seriously? I just switched to it after it became the trendy pick of the month... Seems like I am always switching...

Can you tell me why it's a "definite No" and why the paid services offer that is more secure? I don't mind paying for it if it's worth it.

10. dper726

dper726 Member

Safe mail has never been secure to begin with, it was popular years ago with the assumption it was. Over the years been many reports around forums of the government getting they're hands on your communication records there.

Again securenym has been around long enough and remained consistent. Consistency is a key for everything in life :D

11. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

PGP/GPG makes everything better!

12. flash

flash Member

how about shazzlemail or hushmail? have any of you heard of or had experience with these?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  13. adenverd

adenverd Member

I use countermail. Nothing fancy but it does the trick.

14. dper726

dper726 Member

Typically only paid services are the most secured

15. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Member

The layout of Securenym is terrible IMO.

16. dper726

dper726 Member

I don't think any of the top services provide too much in the visual department regardless to really make it a competitive edge I'm terms of favoritism