Shelf Life

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by kendallkmw, Apr 17, 2018 at 11:28 AM.

1. kendallkmw

kendallkmw Member

It seems to be almost impossible to get a decent answer on this. Can anybody identify what would be a good rule of thumb for shelf life on UGL Test Cyp in MCT? Honestly I wouldn't mind keeping a 3 or 4 year supply on hand but don't want to much degradation.

2. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

There’s lots of threads on this already

No one ever really has a straight answer though.

daylight driller likes this.
  3. daylight driller

daylight driller Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Im sure it would depend on alot of variables like temperature and if its dark or bright lights. I have heard people say 2 years and upwards of 4 years. I honestly have no idea though maybe someone like @Michael Scally MD may have a better answer.

kendallkmw likes this.
  4. Apexvallen

Apexvallen Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Pharma has a shelf life of 2 years, so assuming your UGL brewer has ensured no bacterial or fungal contamination, you would probably be okay to assume a similar time frame. Truth be told aslong as the stopper isn't degrading, you could probably get double the amount of time out of it than that.

5. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

Yeah but how do we know at what point the gear is degrated to the point where it is useless.

Let’s say my gear is at 100%, two years later we are at 90%, 10 Years later we are at 70%.
    See to me 70% isn’t enough to throw the whole lot out.

But these numbers are pulled out of my ass, I still haven’t seen solid numbers or studies. It’d be nice to know a ball park figure as to how fast the hormone is degrating, or how long the oil will last when it’s brewed without contaminated with 2% BA.

6. kendallkmw

kendallkmw Member

My thoughts exactly i've read articles and forums all day and haven't found a single good educated answer. Hell I think my source is respectable and this is his answer to me "The hormone won't degrade but the oil goes rancid. I believe MCT oil stays good 1 year. That is, after it's opened. With the seal, unopened I believe most pharmaceutical companies advertise 2 years from the manufacture date."

7. daylight driller

daylight driller Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Set one vial to the side and send a sample to analyzer every year

Sk8man101 likes this.
  8. kendallkmw

kendallkmw Member

Ok. So if I did that, is the hypothesis that an analysis would show me the loss over a 1 year period, so then I should be able to semi accurately calculate loss of potency? Who is to say that the rate of loss doesn't accelerate with age? Then we'd need to understand not only loss with age, but possible increasing rate of loss. So to verify there isn't an increasing rate of loss you'd need to test at least 2 samples equidistant in age from new to the first sample and the first sample to the oldest sample. And for better results at least 3 say at 6 months, 1 year, and a year and half to see if the loss at each time increment is the same or if the loss rate increases with age.

Needless to say this isn't exactly easy. For the price of the gear I'd say fuck it. That's why I'm looking for a decently educated answer. I'm just trying to figure out for my own personal purpose what's to much to sit on. And I'm sure there has to be a couple more of us that this has crossed our mind.